Thread: 520L

520L

So do these things walk as bad as the 520C's do when you get above 70?

2. Member
    I have not run a newer ranger either C or L but the Ranger I have run [including VX 521 and Z522 2012] will not walk at all until you over trim. When my Rangers walked is when I was trying to get all the speed out of it. You can trim back down and get no walk and it will run just as fast and most of the time a tad faster when you trim down. Ranger are built to run flat so over trimming usually slows her down a bit. just my .02

3. Member
    I agree with that Phoenix. My last 520C ran as stable as a rock until you really trimmed it up, then it started to walk a bit. It was nothing you couldnt drive through, I was just curious if the new ones were any different since the hull is sposed to be the same. My 521C wont walk at all

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    I agree with that Phoenix. My last 520C ran as stable as a rock until you really trimmed it up, then it started to walk a bit. It was nothing you couldnt drive through, I was just curious if the new ones were any different since the hull is sposed to be the same. My 521C wont walk at all
    I looked at one a few weeks ago and was told its the exact hull and will preform then exact same.

5. Member
    They are beautiful boats for sure the new L's

I like the rangers and my 522 was one great rough water boat. I personally like the Phoenix ride better. The 520 is still the best fishing platform ever built in my opinion. I hate driving them in rough water tho.

6. Member
    I've had C's and now the L never had one chine walk when set up correct.Your motor is to deep on JP or your over trimming...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybobby View Post
    I've had C's and now the L never had one chine walk when set up correct.Your motor is to deep on JP or your over trimming...

8. Member
    If you are chime walking you are way over trimmed.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    So do these things walk as bad as the 520C's do when you get above 70?
    I was in Wesley Strader's new Z521L all day on Thursday and he had the hammer down through some really rough stuff. It tracked well and I didn't sense any slide and like I said, he had the hammer down even going around hairpin corners in the sleuths on the Mississippi River. I was very impressed with the ride.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcorpst View Post
    I was in Wesley Strader's new Z521L all day on Thursday and he had the hammer down through some really rough stuff. It tracked well and I didn't sense any slide and like I said, he had the hammer down even going around hairpin corners in the sleuths on the Mississippi River. I was very impressed with the ride.
    pretty sure he has the 520L...I could be wrong but seen it at lake norman