Help with new prop for Tracker 195TXW

I'm looking to gain some top end speed on my tracker. I am running about 54-55 but I feel like I should be in the 60 mph range. I currently have a 24p Tempest plus, and I have an excellent hole shot so I'm ok with losing a little bit there to gain top end speed.

I know there are many factors involved, but what would be the general rule of thumb to gain top end speed with a prop?

ETA: forgot to mention the current prop is a 3 blade

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    What motor do you have and how many rpms are you turning at WOT? The Tracker experts will need this info to help you.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

3. Member
    My friend has a 2017 195txw tournament edition with 150 4s and it too came with a Tempest 24p 3 blade. His boat will run 60 with the current setup and he is still breaking it in. His boat does not have a trim gauge so he is careful with his WOT trim but I think it will run 61-62 once he gets comfortable with it. I do not know what hole position his motor is in but he does not have a jack plate.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

4. Member
    What motor do you have and how many rpms are you turning at WOT? The Tracker experts will need this info to help you.
    Also, what hole is the motor mounted?
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

5. Member
    2nd hole, merc 150 4s, i was running 60mph 2 years ago when it was brand new. im doing around 55 rpm

6. Member
    i'm getting a new prop regardless, so i guess the main question is, would you recommend going down or up a pitch, and get 4 blade or stick with 3 blade to gain top end speed?

7. Member
    I’m not sure I would get a new prop. I would send the prop out to get worked on. It will be better then a new prop would be. Either you have some damage in your prop or you are carrying a lot more weight. Still need RPMs to know what the correct move is

8. Member
    im doing around 5500 rpm's

I agree icebound. For speed, 3 blade. Just have your prop worked. Little more edge cup to get the bow up more. And less pitch to get the rpms up.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

10. Member
    The 24 tempest for this boat is great if you are off the showroom with no gas no tackle no fishing partner. Add all of that and the 24 is too much pitch. I keep my 24 tempest in most of the time. I can cruise at ar a fairly low rpm and get great fuel mileage. My other prop is a 23 highfive. It is not the prop for too speed though. I use it when I have 3 big guys on board if rough water is anticipated or if a lot of crap is floating in the water.

11. Member
    transom, what boat and motor do you have?