Thread: Lake Lavon

Lake Lavon

Anyone ever been there? What to look out for, stumps, rocks ect?

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

2. Member
    Been a long time since I’ve been there. Timber was on the north end off the 380 bridge. Not sure about the west branch. Main lake was clear. There an old power plant on it, but I think it’s shut down now. Might get more information on Texas Fishing Forum.

3. Banned
    Stay in middle from power plant and south and you should be fine. Once you get in a creek arm, idle. NW arm is pretty stumpy from main lower lake North. Fish rip rap/rocks and you should get bit. RR bridge rocks are usually good for a fish or 2. It's more of a sand bass lake than black bass but there can be good fish caught from there.

Thanks guys .

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

5. Banned

6. Member
    Sand bass and hybrids. Keep a white RatLTrap and/or slab spoon tied on at all times. First time I fished it, we saw birds working and we caught sandies for an hour and a half non-stop. My son fished it more than I did and said if you could get a bait down thru the sandies, you could catch some nice hybrids.

Cool man. I appreciate the tip. I would definitely have one of each Tied on