Non Manufacture Motor Warrantys

I'm looking at 2015 Phoenix and the original factory warranty on the ProXS just expired and I can't purchase the 5yr Platinum extension from Mercury. Does any have any experience with the non manufacture service plans. I see a few options on REC Lendings website, Tournament Edge Marine, Pinnacle Protection Plans, and Corner Stone Marine. Pinnacle seems to have the most info on the internet. Anyone have experience with any of these products?

Are there any other "good" products out there?

Thanks,

2. Member
    ???

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I have heard a lot of bad, and very little good, about non-manufacturer extended motor warranties. No personal experience with them, but some buddies have had trouble getting repairs approved under them.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    Ask the shops in your area they should know if the plans actually pay for repairs or just give you a hard time.

5. Member
    I financed my boat with rec lending and purchased a extended warranty through them from a second party. I think it was called sure guard. Had an oil pump replaced on my 2011 250 proxs and they covered it. No hassle whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba$$n View Post
    Ask the shops in your area they should know if the plans actually pay for repairs or just give you a hard time.
    THIS^^^^^+10
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents