Thread: Loose fluid

Loose fluid

I have two older generation power pole blades. A while ago I had a leak on one of my hoses and Power People sent me new hoses. Problem solved as there is no evidence of a leak at or near the brass fitting like before. That said...I have now begun to see fluid on the top of the reservoirs. One seems to be worse than the other. Only one pump had a fitting leak. It leaks enough that the shelf they sit on has a film of oil. I have not used the boat since I fixed the hose other than to bleed the lines and the shelf was dry then.

Is is it common for the plastic reservoirs to leak or the seal between the pump and the reservoirs and the pumps to fail. If so.....how hard is it to fix?

Thanks

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Can't say its common but it can happen. 4 screws will drop the tank from the base. There is an O-ring between the two parts.

3. Member
    Thanks. I guess Ill try that. Can't see it leaking from anywhere specifically so that is my best guess.

4. mikesxpress
    Check the tank cap. These are vented and they do crack.

5. Member
    Well......my expectations have been exceeded again. I decided to email PP and ask them if they thougjt that The seal could be bad. They called me (had my number on file I guess) and asked me if I was sure it was not a hose fitting. I said no because I have checked several times with a rag and it stays dry when I wipe the fittings. He said OK and next thing I know two free reservoir replacement kits are being shipped to me and two quarts of fluid. Warranty. Not charge. That makes twonsp Let’s, new hoses and both reservoirs since I have owned the boat. All free and all for a boat I did not buy new. Can not beat their customer service. Thanks PP.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindhogg View Post
    Well......my expectations have been exceeded again. I decided to email PP and ask them if they thougjt that The seal could be bad. They called me (had my number on file I guess) and asked me if I was sure it was not a hose fitting. I said no because I have checked several times with a rag and it stays dry when I wipe the fittings. He said OK and next thing I know two free reservoir replacement kits are being shipped to me and two quarts of fluid. Warranty. Not charge. That makes twonsp Let’s, new hoses and both reservoirs since I have owned the boat. All free and all for a boat I did not buy new. Can not beat their customer service. Thanks PP.
    NOBODY beats Power Poles customer service! One huge reason why I ONLY sell Power Pole Shallow water anchors.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindhogg View Post
    I had the same thing, had a slight oil film on my reservoirs and underneath. The seams were leaking. Contacted PP, they sent me 2 new reservoirs. Dry ever since.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

8. Member
    That is great to hear because I was suspecting the seams but since I can’t see it leak I resorted to thinking Jr o ring seal was bad. Looking forward to replacing them and stopping the mess.

Thanks
    Rob