New to Humminbirds, got a question I couldn't find

So I've been using Lowrance units for probably 15 years now and have decided to switch to Humminbird. I'll be running a Helix 9 MEGA SI GPS at the console with the SI ducer mounted on my jackplate with a Y connector and a XP 9 20 in the hull. I've got that part figured out and all my questions answered.

Up front I'll be running a Helix 10 MEGA DI GPS with the DI ducer mounted on my Ultrex (no I didn't get the ipilot link which I'm kind of kicking myself for now) and an Ultrex mounted 360.

Will I be able to run the 360 and the MEGA DI at the same time? I've read some posts that say it causes interference but those all seem to be from a few years ago before the MEGA.

In a year or two I'll probably add another 9 or 10" Helix so that I can view everything at the same time but for this year I've met my boat toy budget. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    So I've been using Lowrance units for probably 15 years now and have decided to switch to Humminbird. I'll be running a Helix 9 MEGA SI GPS at the console with the SI ducer mounted on my jackplate with a Y connector and a XP 9 20 in the hull. I've got that part figured out and all my questions answered.

Up front I'll be running a Helix 10 MEGA DI GPS with the DI ducer mounted on my Ultrex (no I didn't get the ipilot link which I'm kind of kicking myself for now) and an Ultrex mounted 360.

Will I be able to run the 360 and the MEGA DI at the same time? I've read some posts that say it causes interference but those all seem to be from a few years ago before the MEGA.

In a year or two I'll probably add another 9 or 10" Helix so that I can view everything at the same time but for this year I've met my boat toy budget. Thanks.
    The 360 uses 455 kHz. You have three frequency choices for Down Imaging, 455/800/1200. Just don't use the same frequency.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Got it, thanks!