2005 Tr186- Replacement Gaskets for Storage Compartments

Short of using 3m adhesive to glue these back on, what is the best alternative for replacement. I have seen a couple things sold online, but i have no idea how to size them or if they will even fit. Any help would be great, thnx

2. Member
    I've been told to get the one that Basscat sells. It going to be one of my winter projects along with a remote drain plug.
    John the Garage Doorman

Have you tried C&O Marine?
    22 Triton TRX20 22 Pro XS 250
    16 Triton 1760sc 16 Merc 75hp

4. Member
    I'd say if you can't find it at trimlok.com you ain't gonna find it. I completely redid mine last winter and got it all from there.

5. Member
    Carol at Triton boats can help you. The trim with the bubble on top is about two dollars per foot and the trim with the bubble on the side is about three dollars a foot.

6. Member
    Basscats is top of the line , whatever you do stay away from the crap from cabelas

7. Member
    i used this on my 2004 196. Purchase online with 25% off and it's about $130 for 100'. worked perfectly
    https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...atherstripping

8. Member
    thanks! does it make a difference if the seals i have now are on top and these are on the side?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump! View Post
    thanks! does it make a difference if the seals i have now are on top and these are on the side?
    follow his link,then search weatherstripping. Top bulb will be listed in the search as well.
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

10. Member
    the bulb will be on top. Not sure if yours is same as my 2004 196. it had a very thin u channel around edge and the bulb was glued on top. over time the bulb came loose and just left the
    u channel covering the plastic edge. the plastic/fiberglass edge is perpendicular so i removed the u channel and used a rubber mallet to install this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    edit: seems i can no longer upload pics on here and can't PM them. If you want them, PM me an email or # to text and i'll send them.

my boat is in shop or i'd go take pic but maybe these will help. If yours is on top, they offer it as well just search Ameriseal.
    Last edited by tritontr196; 06-23-2018 at 03:45 PM.

12. Member
    Trimlok.com and zoro.com has the correct trim, just measure the size you have and figure out how long you need and order from them.

BuddyT

13. Member
    Thanks everyone, i appreciate the great info. I ordered the side bulb weatherstripping from Advanced Auto Parts, it only took 2 days to get here! It worked great, i replaced all the compartment trim seals..i highly recommend using this stuff, its very easy to install...and i am not very handy..

https://www.amazon.com/Trim-Lok-Clos.../dp/B01L38OSFA
    Just ordered some. I haven’t installed it yet but it looks exactly the same.
    1/8” edge
    5/8” bulb