Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chart Select FYI

It may be listed somewhere but I didn't realize the Chart Select map purchase is only good for a year then it will no longer showed in your account as a purchased map.

I purchased a map about 1 1/2 years ago that I wanted to bring into the Fishsmart app but when I would have to purchase the map again to be able to do that.

So .... just be aware of that and if you want to bring a map into Fishsmart ... or add layers, etc..... get it done before it expires.

Update .... Just found the 1 year limitation noted on page 20 of the Chart Select / FishSmart user manual.
    Last edited by Bob B; 06-20-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

2. Banned
    Yep. Also make sure you download it to the FishSmart app on all of your devices or you have to purchase again. I just got another iPad just for the pontoon and had to purchase lanier over

3. Member
    Which is the most ridiculous policy I've heard in a long time.
    I should be fishing.

Wow. That is absolute bs. THEY take back something YOU payed for. I just checked my account. All the maps I purchased for my 999 and Helix 7 are gone. Only ones left are for my Helix 10. Don't care that they have that policy buried in the legal mumbojumbo, it's still wrong.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

5. Member
    They don't take anything back. You just can't download them again after a year. It's not like you can use another chip to copy your maps on anyway. It must be on that exact same chip. You will have to get outraged about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    They don't take anything back. You just can't download them again after a year. It's not like you can use another chip to copy your maps on anyway. It must be on that exact same chip. You will have to get outraged about something else.
    That's right.
    I believe the only downside to the "1 year" limitation is not being able to add what you paid for to another mobile device. So if your dumb phone or ipad thang takes a dump and you have to get a new one over 1 year from when you purchased the map, you don't get to add the map to your new device.

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

7. Member
    Should be in your back-up. Cloud etc. If you change from iphone to android you are correct. As for what you paid for, If you lose your map card they won't send you another for free either. I got a new phone this spring. The map is there from my old phone.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 08-26-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Great, so the "app" with my map will transfer to a new device even after a year.

I have a Motorola mobile phone I bought only for GPS use on one of my motorcycles. I have no data plan, it's not a telephone.
    Currently have the Fish Smart on my iphone and ipad.
    Can I install Fish Smart with my purchased map on the Motorola phone as well?

9. Member
    I don't think so. Does it use Apple's App store? No

Fish Smart is only an Apple thing?
    weather dot com and google maps are in the apple store and the google or whatever Motorola store.

I'll have to investigate myself.
    I don't know baby shit from apple butter about cell phone / app stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Fish Smart is only an Apple thing?
    weather dot com and google maps are in the apple store and the google or whatever Motorola store.

I'll have to investigate myself.
    I don't know baby shit from apple butter about cell phone / app stuff.
    FishSmart is an IOS (App Store) and an Android app (Google Play). I have it on iPads, Android tablets, and my Android phone.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Good deal, I'll be putting it on my Motorola, just because I can.
    Thanks Wayne.

13. Member
    Your android will not be able to use what you purchased from apple app store.

Your android will not be able to use what you purchased from apple app store.
    I don't understand Bob. I didn't purchase anything from Apple.
    Fish Smart app is free.
    I assume it's free at the google store as well. ??

15. Member
    They are different apps. Work the same but in app purchases are not transferable between platforms (Apple vs Android). Try it and see but I bet you will have to pay again for the lake. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    I don't understand Bob. I didn't purchase anything from Apple.
    Fish Smart app is free.
    I assume it's free at the google store as well. ??
    Yes the App is FREE in the Apple Store and Google Play.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. Member
    Corkpuller I was looking at google play and as long as your lake is still in your chart select account you can get the maps free. same as with apple.

Already own LakeMaster lake maps purchased via ChartSelect and want to use them on your smartphone? No problem! As an added benefit, all existing LakeMaster lake maps in your ChartSelect account are accessible for free within FishSmart once you download the app and sign-in to your account.

I purchased a map for Green River, Ky. It is no longer listed in my Chart Select program on my PC for either my 999 or Helix 10. Only thing I have is the SD card I loaded the map to. So where did the CS map go?

And I’ll get outraged at whatever I want, thank you very much. HB was a good choice for me the day I posted that after they “took back” the Lake St Clair map that I complained to them about. the Smart Strike not working correctly and instead of recommending a fix and refunding just the SS purchase they deleted the whole map from my account. I happened to be on the lake that day in a friend’s boat and tried to use the Fish Smart app. No map. Some of their customer service sucks.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post
    I purchased a map for Green River, Ky. It is no longer listed in my Chart Select program on my PC for either my 999 or Helix 10. Only thing I have is the SD card I loaded the map to. So where did the CS map go?

And I’ll get outraged at whatever I want, thank you very much. HB was a good choice for me the day I posted that after they “took back” the Lake St Clair map that I complained to them about. the Smart Strike not working correctly and instead of recommending a fix and refunding just the SS purchase they deleted the whole map from my account. I happened to be on the lake that day in a friend’s boat and tried to use the Fish Smart app. No map. Some of their customer service sucks.
    When did you purchase the Green River map?

The oldest maps in my account are for Oct 2017. I have older ones on memory cards.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Archer View Post

Did you read the original post?

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast