Need Help, thinking about buying a Ranger

Hey guys so I have never owned a Ranger but I just sold my stratos and I'm thinking about buying a Ranger. So I have narrowed it down to the Z21 or Z521 just depends on options and what's in my price range. The major key I am looking for is comfort ability and fish ability along with a smooth dry ride. I fish Kentucky lake and when the wind gets up I want a nice dry, smooth ride. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
    Stratos 201 Pro Elite, Evinrude 200 Etec H.O., Minn Kota, Humminbird

2. Member
    The Z521 is going to ride a bit smoother in rough water than the Z21. Hull was greatly improved.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

3. Member
    The Z521 will be better than the Z21 on a lake like KY; on the other hand when it gets really rough there I would rather be in a Z520 because it is easier to cary the bow up in the really big rollers when the wind is north or south. The said there is no such thing as a "smooth, dry ride" with 20+ wind out of the north with them drawing water.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

4. Member
    I have a z21 and i fish KY lake. My boat handles the waves as good as you can expect any boat to in my opinion. You won't be sorry with either choice. Both will do you a very good job.

5. Member
    whatever you do, put a 4 blade prop on. it will help in holeshot, acceleration and load carry. in rough water, its easy to keep the bow up with a 4 blade also.
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man