1986 Mercury 175 HP Tilt Limiter

1986 Mercury Blackmax 175 HP
    Serial Number: 0B169682

Hello, I am installing hydraulic steering on my Champion bass boat. When the motor is tilted almost all the way up, the hydraulic cylinder is going to hit the splash well.

I would like to limit the tilt to stop before there is a problem. Is there some sort of tilt limiter I can install to solve this. I can always just be careful but would prefer not to depend on me!

Thanks for your help.
    Ron

2. Member
    yes merc has some different ones, might contact EUROPEAN MARINE for quality assistance in finding right p/n for kit or I may can look it up later on
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    May also look at a side mount cylinder, it may provide the clearance you need and still provide full tilt range. It’s what is on my boat. Down side is that one direction turns easier than the other direction. Not a problem as far as ease of steering but it just different for each direction. Not really noticeable on plane.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

4. Member
    Thanks, guys. I contacted Rhonda/Don at European and they are helping me out.

5. Member
    good deal,
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................