Green River Lake

Hey guys!

Headed to Green River Lake this Saturday. It will be my first time on the lake.

I'm not looking for any spots or specific info on baits or anything. Just wondering if there is any general info that would be helpful, as far as which end of the lake generally produces more fish, are they being caught off the breaks, etc.

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Member
    Fish at night

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jrueger19 View Post
    Hey guys!

Headed to Green River Lake this Saturday. It will be my first time on the lake.

I'm not looking for any spots or specific info on baits or anything. Just wondering if there is any general info that would be helpful, as far as which end of the lake generally produces more fish, are they being caught off the breaks, etc.

Anything would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Ill be down there myself. I would think like any lake in KY this time of year best will be early and late. Water is probably 90+ by now. Was looking at the weather and it appears we have some rain possible and cloud cover so that should help. With that said I'm coming from Louisville so I wont show up until 9:30 - 10 am.. Ill probably be main lake ish if boat traffic isn't too bad pulling a Carolina / ?XD / spoon. Unless the water comes up then ill go flipping brush.

I personally use the Emerald Isle ramp. Its a smaller ramp and isn't terribly busy so makes loading and unloading myself easier. I also sorta know them and they are good people.

Make sure you have a good nav card as there can be areas that get shallow fast.

With all that said take it with a grain of salt. This time of year kicks my butt.

5. Member
    We have a tourney out there saturday, but like others have said fish at night if possible. Generally this time of year when the sun gets up the fishing gets brutal. It fishes just like most any other lake in the summer except you wont get any current type of bite
    They aint got hands, set the hook

6. Member
    Thanks everyone! I get it. It's tough this time of year. Just trying to get out there and get some practice fishing offshore.

7. Member
    While on the topic of Green are there any pros or guides down there who do electronics training ? Specifically Solix / Helix ? Saw that question come up for KY lake so figured might check for Green.

8. Member
    No pros/guides on Green. A few crappie guides but thats it. We won the USA Bassin today with 19.21lbs. Caught probably 13-14 keepers

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    No pros/guides on Green. A few crappie guides but thats it. We won the USA Bassin today with 19.21lbs. Caught probably 13-14 keepers
    That's not a bad day. I didn't do that good but I also showed up around 10:30 am LOL. Caught most mine off shore. You all catching them back in the creeks or offshore as well?

10. Member
    Offshore. There was a 3 fish tourney last night that took 17 to win

11. Member
    Better then barren. We had a club tournament there. Sounds like we should’ve skipped and went to green

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Heib1026 View Post
    Better then barren. We had a club tournament there. Sounds like we should’ve skipped and went to green
    Was there a bunch of skeeters in it? One got a pretty good cussing from me but driver wouldn’t look, passenger around 400? Cut across me at mouth of Skaggs and split the difference between a fisherman and us. I’m glad they kept going but would recommend them to learn how to operate a boat.