Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Will it improve the stench of that state if so I would kick in a few bucks ??
    No. What you're smelling is decomposing vegetation. It smells for sure.

We’re facing a similar crisis on the Delta, mostly man made, but thats all I dare say about that cause the last time I brought it up I was banned.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    We’re facing a similar crisis on the Delta, mostly man made, but thats all I dare say about that cause the last time I brought it up I was banned.
    y'all raise corn out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    y'all raise corn out there?
    Yes, but not following your train of thought here.

BTW: California Central Valley is often referred to as the "Breadbasket of the World."

5. Banned
    Everybody just have to have that nice pretty ultra green yard and all. Damn the lakes and waterways. Let's drain them all so we can have pretty yards.

The 'funny thing' (odd; peculiar) was My neighbor was all excited to tell Me that the guy was there to hook up an extension out to the lake to get "fresh water" As He was telling Me this, His LawnGuy was in the full suit w/aspirator in 95º heat, spraying lawn poison, 30' behind Him.

The folks that have been here since the 90s would tell You ALL the lakes were crystal clear until somebody wanted a greener lawn. Shit grows on the concrete here but the "Landscape Industry" keeps pushing the poisons...

* I doubt any of these toxins run into the water supply, aka 'The Aquifer'..

6. Banned
    Water.....the currency of the future.

Check out some of the names that are using TAX PAYER $$$ to get even more Billion$$ These same folks are buying up ALL the private ranches/farms in the West.

Luckily, I will 'be water' when these $$ grubbing TURDS start owning everything..

https://psmag.com/environment/horsin...with-the-truth

https://www.alternet.org/economy/exp...lfare-ranchers

Why would they NEED Our $$ when they are the folks behind Walmart™??

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Water.....the currency of the future.

Check out some of the names that are using TAX PAYER $$$ to get even more Billion$$ These same folks are buying up ALL the private ranches/farms in the West.

Luckily, I will 'be water' when these $$ grubbing TURDS start owning everything..

https://psmag.com/environment/horsin...with-the-truth

https://www.alternet.org/economy/exp...lfare-ranchers

Why would they NEED Our $$ when they are the folks behind Walmart™??
    Think of bottled water sales. Now think when all there is to drink is bottled water. That's what they are preparing for.

8. Member
    Lake O is killing my rivers (St Lucie and Indian River). Actually the truth is mismanagement by the Corp of Eng, Big Sugar and our dumbasses in the state govt. the water needs to flow south.

The number of dead fish in the river is sad right now. That much fresh water being dumped into our estuary is not good.

9. Member
    Everybody just have to have that nice pretty ultra green yard and all. Damn the lakes and waterways. Let's drain them all so we can have pretty yards.

The 'funny thing' (odd; peculiar) was My neighbor was all excited to tell Me that the guy was there to hook up an extension out to the lake to get "fresh water" As He was telling Me this, His LawnGuy was in the full suit w/aspirator in 95º heat, spraying lawn poison, 30' behind Him.

The folks that have been here since the 90s would tell You ALL the lakes were crystal clear until somebody wanted a greener lawn. Shit grows on the concrete here but the "Landscape Industry" keeps pushing the poisons...

Spot on. I do not use chems on my lawn and it looks great. It’s the biggest cause of the blue green algae I have in my canal right now.
    Last edited by badbaggerHD; 06-21-2018 at 09:02 AM.

10. Member
    The "tree huggers" been preachin this problem for over 10 years, are we deciding they may not have been all wrong?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    Folks fight for booze.
    But they kill for water.
    As a canadian sitting next door to you guys...This shows first hand how your lobbying and corruption allows people to poison your water supplies.

I have genuine massive concerns for the great lakes. Luckily they are so massive that local and state lobbyists cant get their hold on them...weve been sharing nicely for now, but I sincerely worry about the future.

After hearing all of the garbage that goes on down in the southern reservoirs with the spraying of herbacides to remove weed growth, and introducing species to eat any weeds, etc etc...it just shows how capitalism works down there...some rich summer house owners decide they like their lakes without weeds so they go and destroy the entire ecosystem so that they can waterski without touching any weeds. Want to know why your fisheries are basically all being ruined? Because of greed. I keep hearing over and over again on this very forum about how "the left" and "their regulations" impede on everyone constitutional rights, meanwhile capitalism and lack of regulation is the whole problem here.

Im glad they dont allow any of this kinda BS up here...but I worry that its only a matter of time before our government isnt the one thats allowed to call the shots.

Its quite simple on our lakes...you dont own them, nor are you allowed to mess with them. You leave them as they are and let nature manage them like she always has.

Heck on georgian bay they turned the entire east coast of it into a biosphere reserve, now you cant develop near or on the water at all anymore. It may be a pain in the ass that we arent allowed to construct new boat houses, or retaining walls...but there are other solutions to the problem, that may be more difficult...may be more expensive, but at least the quality of the lake is maintained, and thats all that matters in the end.

Ontario and i believe most of canada has also completely banned the sale and use of pesticide and fertilizer...our lawns are still green you know...they might have a few more dandilions then they used to...but we also have clean water. Ill take being called a Lefty tree hugging dope smoking hippy any day if it means my lake stays pristine and the fishing stays damn good.
    Last edited by AKRISONER; 06-21-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

12. Banned
    The "tree huggers" been preachin this problem for over 10 years, are we deciding they may not have been all wrong?

"Yes" the hippies were correct about the environment AND the brown acid @Woodstock™...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    As a canadian sitting next door to you guys...This shows first hand how your lobbying and corruption allows people to poison your water supplies.

I have genuine massive concerns for the great lakes. Luckily they are so massive that local and state lobbyists cant get their hold on them...weve been sharing nicely for now, but I sincerely worry about the future.

After hearing all of the garbage that goes on down in the southern reservoirs with the spraying of herbacides to remove weed growth, and introducing species to eat any weeds, etc etc...it just shows how capitalism works down there...some rich summer house owners decide they like their lakes without weeds so they go and destroy the entire ecosystem so that they can waterski without touching any weeds. Want to know why your fisheries are basically all being ruined? Because of greed. I keep hearing over and over again on this very forum about how "the left" and "their regulations" impede on everyone constitutional rights, meanwhile capitalism and lack of regulation is the whole problem here.

Im glad they dont allow any of this kinda BS up here...but I worry that its only a matter of time before our government isnt the one thats allowed to call the shots.

Its quite simple on our lakes...you dont own them, nor are you allowed to mess with them. You leave them as they are and let nature manage them like she always has.

Heck on georgian bay they turned the entire east coast of it into a biosphere reserve, now you cant develop near or on the water at all anymore. It may be a pain in the ass that we arent allowed to construct new boat houses, or retaining walls...but there are other solutions to the problem, that may be more difficult...may be more expensive, but at least the quality of the lake is maintained, and thats all that matters in the end.

Ontario and i believe most of canada has also completely banned the sale and use of pesticide and fertilizer...our lawns are still green you know...they might have a few more dandilions then they used to...but we also have clean water. Ill take being called a Lefty tree hugging dope smoking hippy any day if it means my lake stays pristine and the fishing stays damn good.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkerton_E._coli_outbreakhttp://filterbutler.com/blog/how-serious-is-water-pollution-in-canada/

No Country has a lock on water pollution from Corporations.

http://filterbutler.com/blog/how-ser...ion-in-canada/

14. Member
    Not to mention all the fertilizer runoff from all the lush yards. Lake LBJ immediately comes to mind. We can be in a epic drought and they'll have sprinklers going in the middle of the day keeping that yard green!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    2014 Charger 496 / Merc 250 Pro XS

15. Member
    This Delta down here is going bye bye faster than Jameis Winston running from Publix with a sack of crabs. One can place over a thousand Everglades and a couple thousand Okeechobee's in it. This state asked for Federal dollars to help with the issues, and was told, go fly a kite. Much of the damage was.... and is done by the Feds, and much damage by the oil industry. So Florida, get ready to ....go fly a kite...

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    Lake O is killing my rivers (St Lucie and Indian River). Actually the truth is mismanagement by the Corp of Eng, Big Sugar and our dumbasses in the state govt. the water needs to flow south.

The number of dead fish in the river is sad right now. That much fresh water being dumped into our estuary is not good.
    The failing septic tanks on the rivers and on the coast carry a lot of the blame. The land owners that are bitching refuse to do their share of the fix it.

17. Member
    You can shift it South but that just moves the problem from one area to another. The Everglades May be better suited to filtering it out than just dumping it in the rivers but there is already a powerful Everglades lobby. Trying to protect the Everglades down in the Miami/Keys area.

18. Member

Our neighborhood is across the highway from the Everglades. We have storm drains that dump into the lakes on the golf course so all the runoff heads straight into the lakes, then into the canals then to the intra coastal then out to sea. Add on the fertilizer and chemicals on the golf course and it can build up quick.

In my opinion the other issue is all the new zero lot line homes. Land is expensive so developers cram as many homes as they can in newer subdivisions. These means less grass and permeable ground and more direct runoff. There are a lot of problems that need to be looked at and addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Are the citizens of Florida (and their tax dollars) going to help Arkansas when it comes time to clean up our lakes? Doubtful.
    Fix it yourself. You let their greedy politicians and developers create the problem.
    One must have a keen eye to distinguish between my Texarkana and Destin vacation pics.
    I think the new secret color is "A-Rig"..........

20. Member
    but he is only pointing out how bad we are. Don’t point out how bad they are that’s not right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast