Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My wife was bone on bone in 2016 in her L knee. Her knee was constantly swollen to almost volleyball size. Ortho Dr. suggested she undergo stem cell therapy as opposed to replacement. Dr. did scope her knee to clean out all the debris, but did not do anything surgically once inside other than inject the stem cells taken from her hip in to the inflamed bone areas in her knee. 18 months later she is walking 4 miles/day pain free and can see her kneecap for the first time in 5 years.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by secdawgs View Post
    I’m 49 and had 1 doctor wanting to replace my knee 4 years ago, I got a second opinion and went with the roster comb shots, I’ve had 2 treatments and I’ve been good to go.
    That's the shot I was thinking of

3. Banned
    Pain is there for a reason. And when you are miserable, it is time for a change.

Don't be a He Man. There is no reason for not addressing the problem. Very often, there will be a protocol including injections and physical therapy. Sometimes they work, but sometimes it is time to go to Plan B.

My wife was in a wheelchair on our recent vacation to Ireland and off her feet in bed the previous 5 weeks. Despite her pain improving, she digressed once she started walking again. She had a knee replacement 4 weeks ago and is doing very well in physical therapy.

Don't wait, and make a doctor appointment today. My wife's surgeon does only one operation--knee replacements. And all the surgical nurses in the hospital bragged on how good he was.
    That is the kind of orthopedic doctor I want to see.

4. Member
    Best option is to get steroid injections in both knees 10-14 days before your trip. Get your knees replaced when that shot wears off. It’s a temporary solution that will get you through the trip. The Synvisc injections won’t help if you’re bone on bone.

5. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    How about a shot of corizone in the knee or couple of advils with a couple of Turmeric/Curcumin every day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12