Thread: Lake Fork

Lake Fork

Active duty Marine and avid bass fisherman here moving from Camp Lejeune to Miramar in San Diego. I've got my Skeeter in town and am thinking about fishing lake Fork. Anyone got any pointers they're willing to share? I know it's hot so I figure they're probably deep. I don't want anyone to share any secrets but a nudge in the right direction to help eliminate some water would be great. Thanks in advance.
    2008 Skeeter 21i
    250 Yamaha HPDI

2. Banned
    Go find Mark Perry in the lounge and send him a PM, he is always willing to help someone at Fork. He's a stand up guy and will shoot you straight.

3. Member
    If I didn't have a tournament on Athens this weekend, I'd meet you out there. My best advice would be to launch at 6pm and fish 10-13 fow humps all night. If you must fish during the day, fish main lake points. I fished a few hrs with Eddie Garrett last Tuesday and we caught fish in 25-28 fow. My biggest was nearly 9. The big ones are certainly biting during the afternoon right now, just too for me.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TX Strampion View Post
    If I didn't have a tournament on Athens this weekend, I'd meet you out there. My best advice would be to launch at 6pm and fish 10-13 fow humps all night. If you must fish during the day, fish main lake points. I fished a few hrs with Eddie Garrett last Tuesday and we caught fish in 25-28 fow. My biggest was nearly 9. The big ones are certainly biting during the afternoon right now, just too for me.
    Think you'll be weighed in and eating breakfast at 9am at Athens?

Fellas, I really appreciate it. I'll be driving in tomorrow from Nashville after a pretty unsuccessful attempt on Percy Priest lake. Thanks for the help. Is the lake safe to run at night? I have the Navionics chip but just wanted to make sure there's nothing crazy out there.
    2008 Skeeter 21i
    250 Yamaha HPDI

You don't happen to know his BBC handle do you?

This is for Tritonman250...
    2008 Skeeter 21i
    250 Yamaha HPDI

Awesome, mighty kind of you, Sir.

Meant to quote...oops. That's for TX Strampion
    2008 Skeeter 21i
    250 Yamaha HPDI

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Think you'll be weighed in and eating breakfast at 9am at Athens?
    I've never fished Athens and I'll be arriving at 3pm the day before our tournament. I won't be eating breakfast at 9am on Saturday.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketship View Post
    You don't happen to know his BBC handle do you?

This is for Tritonman250...
    Mark Perry is his handle

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketship View Post
    Fellas, I really appreciate it. I'll be driving in tomorrow from Nashville after a pretty unsuccessful attempt on Percy Priest lake. Thanks for the help. Is the lake safe to run at night? I have the Navionics chip but just wanted to make sure there's nothing crazy out there.
    There are boat lanes but be careful cause there is crazy stuff and they get tight in spots.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    There are boat lanes but be careful cause there is crazy stuff and they get tight in spots.
    This. What I recommended about night fishing would only apply if you got there before dark and then camp in your fishing spot til it got light again. Otherwise, just day fish. You're better off doing that than trying to run Fork at night.

12. Member
    Also, purchasing this would be a very good idea.
    http://www.boatlanes.com

If you decide to fish the West arm of the lake, I would put in at West Fork Landing on S H 2946 right at the bridge. Bob will watch your truck, very good ramp and parking, $4 launch fee, and near the boat lanes. The main boat lanes are well marked with buoys, and there are a lot of good places to fish nearby - you won't have to make long runs through the timber. The main boat lanes run near the main lake points, and so you will have easy access to them. Just be careful and slow to an idle once you get away from the marked lanes!

Y'all are awesome. Thanks a ton!
    2008 Skeeter 21i
    250 Yamaha HPDI

I gotta get on down the road. Texans are a cool bunch. Several folks PMd me with help. I had a great time and caught a few nice ones. I'll be back for sure at some point in the future!
    2008 Skeeter 21i
    250 Yamaha HPDI

16. Banned
    Glad you had a good trip.