Thread: Carpet brand?

Carpet brand?

What brand of carpet and weight is used on the 2018 920 Pro? I'm gonna replace mine and I love that carpet. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    As a Phoenix owner, I'm not knocking the carpet, but the carpet is about the only thing I'm not pleased with on the boat. Bass Cat has the nicest and most durable carpet out of the boats I've owned. I believe they use syntec.
    2015 Phoenix 819

3. Member
    I agree with JSU. It's not horrible but it could definitely be better. One of the very few things I don't think is great about it. I will put the basscat carpet in it if/when I change it out.

Agree - the carpet is average at best. My Skeeter had nicer carpet and if I was replacing I would opt for whatever brand Basscat uses.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

5. Member
    Thanks everyone. I will look at their brand of carpet.

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    this company is a new BBC sponsor, and they will send you a sample, they offer a 24oz premium pyle
    https://boatcarpetoutlet.com/collect...ne-boat-carpet
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos201 View Post
    Thanks everyone. I will look at their brand of carpet.
    You can buy it direct from Bass Cat....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Bass Cat uses high quality Syntec Branded products in carpet. Ranger and Triton were said to be using it as well.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat29 View Post
    Bass Cat uses high quality Syntec Branded products in carpet. Ranger and Triton were said to be using it as well.
    The newer skeeters do look like they are using it. Much better than what they used to have

10. Member
    The reason Phoenix uses a shorter knap carpet isn't because of cost, because it costs as much as the other carpets.
    They use it because it doesn't mat down in a couple of months, and look like a wet dog. You can put as tall of a knap carpet as you want in your boat, but you will have to use a crowbar to get your lids open.

Good point - would have to account for lid gap. In addition to thickness I also notice with the Phoenix carpet that when hooks get stuck in it, instead of pulling free like with other boats I've had they will pull strands of the carpet out.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

12. Member
    The shorter knap has nothing to do with why the carpet in a phoenix isn't desirable.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknobber bot View Post
    The shorter knap has nothing to do with why the carpet in a phoenix isn't desirable.
    What is undesirable then?

I rebuilt a 1990 Stratos and used the BC carpet. Was easily the best carpet ive ever had. Only thing you might have to do is shave the lid sides a little. The short knap thing is a wives tale.

15. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

16. Member
    The Phoenix Boats are fantastic boats-- ride and maneuverability are fantastic and fit and finish are good.
    But I will say their carpet quality is lacking. I've got a buddy with a Ranger that is 2 years older than mine and it looks pristine in comparison. Take my word for it---there is no wet dog look.
    I'm currently pricing out my new Phoenix--the dealer is looking into different carpet options for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post

Those overheat and ruins blades. Dont ask how I know

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    Those overheat and ruins blades. Dont ask how I know
    yep me to, I bought a $20 one used it just for the purpose and disposed of it, I have used a soldering iron and just run it down the side and melted it a little
    info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    yep me to, I bought a $20 one used it just for the purpose and disposed of it, I have used a soldering iron and just run it down the side and melted it a little
    I used my 120$ clippers with a balding blade. Not real good on that one. Nice even cut...but had to replace the blade.

Ill be redoing all my carpet on my boat soon. Might do it myself, or possibly take it over to the Falcon plant. Its kinda worn and flat. Have a few corners poking through too.

If I do it again myself, probably just leave it alone and let it wear on its own. Tight lids arent such a horrible thing.