Thread: Boat lights

Boat lights

I have a 98 nitro savage 912 and I'm wanting to add led lighting in rub rail and in cubbies and the deck for night fishing what has everyone using and how hard is it to use wires that are hooked to the lights in boat already . Mine are the flip up and down lighting that need replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by the bull View Post
    I have a 98 nitro savage 912 and I'm wanting to add led lighting in rub rail and in cubbies and the deck for night fishing what has everyone using and how hard is it to use wires that are hooked to the lights in boat already . Mine are the flip up and down lighting that need replacing.
    Wiring should not be tough to do, integrating lights into a rub rail sounds like work.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Where is the best place to find leds for the compartments

4. Member
    When I added some lighting to the deck and driver seat area of my last boat I bought my lighting from Amazon. Did a search for LED marine lighting and found what I needed. I just made sure the lights I was buying were sealed for moisture reasons. eBay also has some good options much cheaper than the name brands.
    "If you only have men that will come when there is a good road, do not send them. I want men who will come when there is no road at all."

I have a 2000 882. Very close to the same boat I believe. I ran a wire starting on the left compartment across to the right and to the fuse box, did same across the back (not livewells). Put in New fuse with pig tail connecting both to a switch the ground went through.
    Choose your led's. I have blue water. Bought around 8 years ago. Seems they had a bit of qc problems in the last 4 yrs. Now that TH has them I think qc will go back up.
    Life is kinda hard but it's
    better than the other options .. er ..option !