Thread: Help on santee?

Help on santee?

I'm from the upstate and have never bass fished santee before but am getting the chance to Saturday. Could anyone give me some pointers on what the fish are doing down there? Only get a day down there to go have some fun.

2. Member
    I was just down there and my best fishing happened before 8am at the mouths of creeks and on points with vegetation. During the heat of the day i located any brush in deeper water to catch a few more. I struggled the first day i was there but the second day i did manage a few from rocks pond area and taw caw creek. Good luck

3. Member
    Thank you! Did you manage to catch any good ones? I'm excited to finally get to bass fish it

4. Member
    I wouldnt call what i caught good. They were small for santee. Mostly 2lbers amd not many of them. I jad my wife and 5yr old with me and couldnt really get to serious. I believe you best bet to get a better fish is in deeper water. The water temp at surface was in upper 80s last weekend at upper lake. At that temp deeper water is where the big girls should be

5. Member
    Thank you I will give it a shot!