Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    I feel I’m pretty solid. If 5 is average, then I’d say a 7-8. I’ve won a hell of a lot tournaments in my days. Have a lot I wish I had more time to work on though, but I win my fair share of derbies. Now a lot of what we have around here are 8-15 boat tournaments, but I usually win 10 or so a year. I truley expect to be in the money every tournament. I spend more time out there than most, and that’s a big part time. No substitute for Time on the water no doubt.

It really turned for me about 6-7 years ago when I just kept getting my butt handed to me by these guys fishing offshore. I just made it a point to dedicate myself out there. Wow what a learning curve it’s been. I use to think anythng over 10 feet was deep. Now if my boat is sitting in less than 20 I start to question if I blowing in on them. lol. It may not be as fun as fishing shallow, and I have some tournaments where I really stink it up, but the fish to win a tournament is offshore a lot of the time. A bigger percentage of those big girls just live out there so thats where I spend my time. That’s true on my lakes at least.

I find that to be absolutely the opposite for me. When I fish deep I'm just donating to the cause when I fish up on the bank is where I can win. I think it goes back to fishing style more than anything. When I'm in less than 4 foot of water is where and when I win. I have 5 BFL wins and 4 came from less than 4 foot of water(Mar. April. June and Sept.) with the other one came from 22 foot (Jan.) I have more BFL 2nd places (7 I think) than I care to remember and all of them came shallow also.

2. Member
    It's like they say you get smarter with age. I get dumber. Same goes with fishing I suck worse every year
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    1 I hate tournaments. No desire to be a good tourney fisherman. They are the opposite of why I fish. 5x3...pass
    Thanks for chiming in..just out of curiosity, how would you rank yourself among folks who hate tournaments and have no desire to be a good tourney fisherman?

I’m getting old but still a solid average.

5. Member
    I’m really good at filling the pot

Not as good as I know I can be....so with that being said a 3 out of 5.

When I actually get to spend time on the water and put it some pre-fishing I usually end up in the top 4.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider99XX View Post
    Horrible, just horrible. BUT.....I did win the lunker prize in a Lions Club tournament at Pete Lake Hunting Club way back in high school with a 4.5 pound bowfin. I won $5 dollars.

I started to go pro after that.
    Yep,it was a sure sign!

8. BBC SPONSOR
    I'm a solid 2.3 The .3 is cause I'm always dressed decent!

I win so much my tourney partner at the Northern Rally didn’t even hand in our weigh in slip that had lunker on it just to teach me some humility lol

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman6965 View Post
    11 out of 10 but I have fastest boat in my club
    👍
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

Last year I would give myself a -10, caught 238769 shorts, not a single keeper. Doing better this year. Two derbies in and 2 limits good enough for a first and second. Still having trouble finding and landing the bigger bites.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Roc, if you are a solid 3-4, then I must be a 1. We know you take that money down there in south Louisiana.
    Always think like Fast Eddie, stay low....aim high...

13. Member
    If it was a 3 fish tournament I'd be a 15/10.

5 fish, yeah um.... N/R (not ranked)

Middle of the pack here, although every now then we take a top 10, even won a couple. Makes me appreciate it more!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charger69 View Post
    Middle of the pack here, although every now then we take a top 10, even won a couple. Makes me appreciate it more!!
    What trails are yi ok u guys fishing out there? Loved fishing Elephant Butte when I lived there. I still go into Charlie's Sporting Goods and Sportsman's Warehouse every trip we go back.

16. Member
    6/10 at best. I’m better at grinding tournies then when they are chewing

I’m usually an 8 on Thursday. I make all the right decisions and can do no wrong. Could catch fish almost anywhere I stop. Now Saturday is a different story...probably a 3.

18. Im wishin I was fishin
    3- lots of 2nd and 3rd s wins not so much.... I have had seasons in my club every event was a 2nd or 3rd.

19. Member
    For years I was a solid 1.5 but started throwing "Senkos" and moved up to a 3

9-10

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast