Vets on the move! Where and when?

Looking to try out a back scratching exercise where we all help each other out in a time of need!
    Toss up where and when you are planning to travel and what your intention are when you get there! Maybe a local veteran sees the post and we can all help each other out in the pursuit of the tug!

Few things to keep in mind..
    -Lets cater this thread more to the crowd of willing to travel with gear. Minimum rod and reel set up. Not to exclude people without gear but that then becomes more of a guide service when you show up to the ramp empty handed.
    -Only thing in fishing that’s free, is the oxygen you breath once out on the water! The rest adds up so don’t expect hand outs. Standard co-angler courtesy should be followed in regards to fuel consumption compensation. As should
    -If you want garunteed fish, pay for a guide. We are driven by the love of the pursuit and realize we call it fishing and not catching, so sometimes you post a goose egg! Lies and fishing stories after the fact are all on you!
    -If you are reading this now, then remember we are the lucky ones. Not all that served came home and we should always be greatful every time we get to go fishing.. This is now our time to relax and appreciate the great outdoors we all signed up to defend. Please do not ruin that sanctity by being a Dbag.

Lets see if we can help each other out and feel free to roll call your area if willing to host!

2. Member
    I will be traveling to Vero Beach FL the weekend of August 25 and 26th 2018. Looking to get out on the Stick Marsh or some where else’s in the proximity to catch some highly regarded Florida strain!!

3. Member
    Anyone coming to Clarksville TN or around Dover and want to fish Kentucky Lake or lake Barkley just ask. I usually put in at Paris or Boswell landing on KY Lake. I fish a lot but catch a little. No cost to you as Im going anyway. This goes for the folks who live locally and want to wet a line. I usually don't fish on weekends as that is the time for the working class to get out and enjoy. I do make exceptions for Saturday but not Sunday. Life is good.

I will be in New Bern, NC next week dusting off the kayak around the ponds and Neuse river.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

5. Member
    Fellow Veterans I live in Katy, Texas and would enjoy having a partner to go fishing. I have a boat and go pretty much any time. Let me know.

6. Tennessee Football Basstronaut's Avatar
    Headed to Augusta, GA for a job intervew August 5th thru 7th.
    2019 Old Town - Topwater 120 PDL, Powerpole Micro, Helix 7 Mega SI/DI/GPS

Previous Rigs:

2018 Weldbilt 1648V / Johnson 9.9. Helix 12 G2 Mega DI / Helix 5 G2 GPS
    1999 Procraft 205 Pro / Merc 225 EFI. HB 998 / 798
    2013 Tracker Pro 160 / Merc 25 Fourstroke. HB 958 / 798
    1994 Stratos 270 VF / Johnson 150 Faststrike.
    90's 15' ft. Sea Nymph / 2010 Merc 9.9. HB 598 / 570

Previous Kayaks:

2010 Ascend 10T / HB 60
    2013 Ascend FS128T (Pair)
    2017 Field & Stream Shadow Caster 125

Neat idea!
    Last edited by CigarBasser; 07-18-2018 at 01:59 PM.
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

8. Member
    If any one comes through Central California, near Fresno area shoot me a message. I have a boat and fish local lakes.

9. Member
    Also I will be traveling through New Mexico near Carlsbad for a few days around July 27 2018 and then will be Traveling to Dallas, Fort Worth Texas for several weeks in August. Would love to fish there while visiting shore or boat does not make or break a day relaxing.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeSF View Post
    Anyone coming to Clarksville TN or around Dover and want to fish Kentucky Lake or lake Barkley just ask. I usually put in at Paris or Boswell landing on KY Lake. I fish a lot but catch a little. No cost to you as Im going anyway. This goes for the folks who live locally and want to wet a line. I usually don't fish on weekends as that is the time for the working class to get out and enjoy. I do make exceptions for Saturday but not Sunday. Life is good.
    I also like to but out offer free almost any daytime

11. Member
    Anybody that wants to get out on the north end of Kentucky lake sometime let me know. I’ve got a couple kayaks I take out. The fish have been kicking my a** lately, so don’t expect a 30lb sack. It if you just want to unwind and stretch a line let me know.

12. Member
    Phoenix AZ area - have boat but I'm a California to AZ relocation so I'm picking up on the bass out here. Enough heads up and I'll take time off to go - just shoot me a message.

Jason
    2017 Triton TRX 179
    Mercury 115 Pro XS CT (Hyrdraulic Steering/Hot Foot and Trim on Steer)
    Minn-Kota Ultrex 80 w/I-Pilot Link
    Lowrance HDS9 Carbon Bow/Console with Structure Scan 3D (Thru Hull, Structure Scan xdcr, HDI on TM) and Point-1,
    Blue Water LED boat lighting