Crestliner Bass Hawk 1850 vs Lund Pro V Bass 1875

Anyone know of significant advantages of one over the other? Looking at the pedestal seating version of these two. Want for bass and crappie fishing. Like the idea of V hull for bigger lake in the south. No one down south seems to be stocking these?

2. Member
    Lund would be better for resale value later on down the road, but either one will be a good boat. Ride would also be better in the Lund as compared to the Crestliner. I would also take a good look at Alumacraft, since they make a real nice boat, but all three will do a great job.

3. Banned
    I'm Lund biased. I crawled thru both boats at the boat show this past winter. The devil is in the details. The IPS2 is not a true v hull, it's a v in the front and a pad that runs midship to the stern. The Lund makes better use of the storage and has lockable storage. The Crestliner is a v hull from front to back and no lockable storage(although it may be an option). Lund will command a premium price. I would bet at least $5k more. Were I in the market for a new boat and wanted to keep it around the $35k-$38k mark, I don't think I would hesitate buying the Crestliner rigged with the 150 4 stroke. If you've got $40k+ to spend, go with the Lund.

4. Member
    I have looked at both pretty in depth at boat shows and dealer lots. Major differences are already mentioned by slonezp, but worth a second mention is the difference in the hull. The Lund has a V to pad hull which will be faster and better out of the hole, and it is riveted construction. The Crestliner is a V hull all the way to the stern, it'll be a few mph slower and it'll be slower out of the hole, welded construction, may even need to have the engine mounted down a little lower than the Lund. I have been in plenty of Crestliners and Lunds with similar hulls and I much prefer the ride in the Lund, definitely a lot dryer ride with the reverse chines on the IPS hull platform.

The resale value will be much greater with the Lund than with the Crestliner, similarly equipped. The Pro-V Bass seem to be moving pretty well while the Bass Hawk doesn't seem to be selling quite as many copies. Being down in Alabama, you would need to keep your options open as far as resale goes in the future. May have to advertise not only locally but potentially up north as well as there is a greater following for Lund north of the Mason Dixon Line.

5. Member
    Thank you for the info, just what I was looking for, some hands on experience in how these two compare.

6. Member
    I bought an 1850 bass hawk last fall. Only had it on the water 15-20 times. I thought it was great. I had a 1750 Fishawk before. I had a 90 Yamaha 4 stroke. I have been I’m pressed the boat and motor. Plenty of storage. Great casting decks. The Lund Pro v Bass is excellent I’m sure. Ive heard that Lunds handle rough water better. I don’t know. If it’s rough, it’s rough. The rod storage is great. Storage is top notch. I’m very happy with the purchase. I don’t really care about re-sale. I hold onto a boat for 15 years if I like it . I got a good deal on mine because it was a demo. I think you pay a little extra for the Lund brand in my neck of the woods.

7. Member
    The Lund 1875 ProV Bass has the same same hull as Lund 1875 Pro- V. Lund. Lund Pro Vs have long been a very popular (and check cashing hull) in the walleye world. The deep V shape in the bow and the wide foot print of the IPS2 hull, plus the planing pad enable the boat to perform well in big water, but also handle water very shallow. The Lund hull has a bottom that is is considerably thicker @ .180 in the front half of the boat, than the Crestliner hull. ---Rod storage in the Lund will handle rods up to 9' in length. Lund's water management system gives you dry storage with sealed lids and water drains to the bilge. I am not knocking the Crestliner, but the Lund has a more heavy duty fishing history, nicer fit and finish, an advanced design hull, and higher resale.
    Last edited by T-Mac; 02-27-2019 at 02:16 PM.