Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Power Pole interference

I have two power pole blades that don’t work right most of the time. I called power pole they think I have interference with something else on my 721. They told me to try unhooking things from the battery until I find the source of the interference. Have any of you guys had interference and what accessory was the cause ?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    are they talking about interference keeping the remotes from working? that is possible if the pumps are close to other wiring, will they work ok with the lip open in the rear compartment?
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Never had any problems with mine .

4. Member
    No problems with mine.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

5. Member
    What is it they are doing where they don't work right?
    2013 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjstack View Post
    What is it they are doing where they don't work right?
    Well most of the time when they act up they will go down 1/4 of the way then stop. I then have to hit the button again maybe 2 times with them stopping 2 other times or they don't work.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Test them with the lid open and with a key fob
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Is it specific to the foot switches, dash switch, or key fob or all of them? Not sure if it's similar to your issue or if it will help but the batteries in all of those will eventually go bad. They are super inexpensive and easy to replace. You can get them at Walmart.

Might be a good starting point for you. I've replace the batteries in all of those on my boat after having issues with the Poles not going down consistently when I hit the buttons. No issues since. Let me know if you need any more help.
    2013 Phoenix 920 Pro XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS

9. Member
    Did you try pulling the antenna wire out of the cap on the pumps? If you take the top off it's the white wire. Stretch it out and put the cap back on. Doing this fixed similar issues I had.

10. Member
    I have tried every thing, I pulled the wire antenna out on both pumps, changed remote batteries. Power Pole insists its a interference issue from some other assessories and suggest that I disconnect wires from the battery until I figure out what assessory is causing the problem then give them a call and they would help me resolve the issue. Oh yes and I have tried with the compartment lid open.

11. Member
    So if you do remove some wires off the batteries and find out what the problem is (graph ,etc.) i wonder if they are going to make you choose like a give or take situation or are they really going to help fix the problem. I probably have my rig set up exactly like yours and do not have any issues with mine. I love my power poles but it sounds like they are dragging their feet.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan S View Post
    So if you do remove some wires off the batteries and find out what the problem is (graph ,etc.) i wonder if they are going to make you choose like a give or take situation or are they really going to help fix the problem. I probably have my rig set up exactly like yours and do not have any issues with mine. I love my power poles but it sounds like they are dragging their feet.
    I’m not sure but so far these poles are the worst investment I have ever made. I can’t enjoy myself fish when I constantly have to screw around with these power poles.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan S View Post
    I’m not sure but so far these poles are the worst investment I have ever made. I can’t enjoy myself fishing when I constantly have to screw around with these power poles.

14. Member
    Bernerbass99 I have some of the same issues. I am sure you have the newer orange switches and I believe they are way more sensitive than the older foot switches I had on my Triton. I have found that I have to be more diligent when stomping on them to get them to come up and down on the two step method.

When you use your hand remote or your other switch and hit them twice do you get same results?
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdendy View Post
    Bernerbass99 I have some of the same issues. I am sure you have the newer orange switches and I believe they are way more sensitive than the older foot switches I had on my Triton. I have found that I have to be more diligent when stomping on them to get them to come up and down on the two step method.

When you use your hand remote or your other switch and hit them twice do you get same results?
    No, I have the older switches which are the 1.0 not the newer 2.0 poles. I can even hold my foot on the switches and same thing, it is the same way on all the switches.

16. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    so 2 separate pumps, separate control boards and all remotes acting the same something must be blocking that signal, odd for sure, have you tried the phone app and ran diagnostics?
    info@drewcraft.com

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    so 2 separate pumps, separate control boards and all remotes acting the same something must be blocking that signal, odd for sure, have you tried the phone app and ran diagnostics?
    I have a I-Phone and according to power pole they say you need a android phone to see if there is any interference

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    ok, I wasn't aware they didn't have it for both platforms, its a very handy app and it will run a diag and even update software on the pumps boards, it also programs the remotes., maybe find a friend with a android, it works on tablets also
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernerbass99 View Post
    I have a I-Phone and according to power pole they say you need a android phone to see if there is any interference
    Hey Bernerbass99 - What year are your poles? I also have the 1st gen poles and purchased new pump controllers for each pole to make them bluetooth and I-phone app compatible. This also sounds like a sensitivity issue that can be adjusted with the phone app. If it's set too high the poles "think" you are hitting bottom and they stop. It's a little complicated to diagnose but you might also make sure there is nothing binding at that 1/4 down position. It's possible with time and the abuse of wind and holding a heavy boat the nuts/bolts are too loose or tight and/or the poles are slightly twisted causing them to bind. Just some ideas and my 2 cents. Good Luck!

Gotta get that app going. Adjust sensitivity and see if there are any issues. Also will update the pumps if software changes happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast