Ultrex Spot Lock Question

My friend only operates his Ultrex with remote control. Whenever he use Spot Lock function, AND there is no wind or current, the Spot Lock kicks out of this mode. Is this normal for the Ultrex? Is there a "time out" for Spot Lock when not in use? He never use the foot pedal so could it be that there is something else tripping the switch? Spot Lock works fine when there is wind. Thanks.

2. Member
    All of the early model Ultrex, Ulterra, Terrova, had issues with no wind when in spot lock. The newer models are much better. Make sure you have the latest update software on the unit.

3. Member
    He needs to make sure there is nothing obstructing the foot pedal from moving. If the pedal encounters any resistance, it will kick itself out of spot lock. It may be that the pedal is "hunting" more when there is no wind and this is causing it to hit some point of resistance. Make sure there are no kinks or sharp bends in the cables.

4. Member
    Thanks guys. I’ll pass info to my friend. I have a later edition and have not experienced that Spot Lock issue with my own Ultrex.
    Last edited by brenlen; 06-19-2018 at 07:29 PM.