Power pole height?

Height of 8' and 10' poles on a 521c on the trailer. Need to know if ceiling is high enough. Thanks

2. Member
    I have the 521c with 8’ pole and it just does come through the 7’ garage door.
    From floor to top of pole is 6’8”.
    Ed

3. Member
    Thanks Anyone have a 10ft measurement?

4. Member
    You better check a few things:
    My Boat: 8 ft PP Blades mounted on standard brackets on Slidemaster (non-hydraulic) Jack Plate = 6'- 11-1/2" (83.5")
    My 7'-0 Garage door has a 6'-10 rough opening and the clearance with the door open to bottom of door = 6'-8
    I have to lower my power poles to back the boat into garage ..... not a problem, but a nuisance.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92936&dateline=150203  9213
    2013 Ranger Z519 / 225 Mercury Pro XS

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The 520c and 521c have a slope to the stern that the 519 does not have, so there are a few inches more clearance due to the rear end of the boat being lower. I had a 520c last year, with dual poles, and it fit easily in my 7-feet-high garage door without lowering the poles. Haven’t heard from the OP how high his garage door is.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    Crap, how hard is it to lower the power poles anyway to get it into the garage. I keep the fob in the truck when I put the boat on the trailer. I don't give it a second thought and raise them as soon as they clear the garage door header. But that's 8 foot poles. 10 foot poles might be an issue so you are right to figure out how high they are so they wont hit the garage door itself. If your garage is deep enough that you can keep them partially deployed and still get your boat in the garage then it would not be an issue. Also your garage door when open probably still leaves you enough room to back the boat back in with the 10 footers lowered and then raise them once you clear the garage door. I agree that would be somewhat of a pain.

7. Member
    Z521 10' blade, level trailer in barn. 8' 2" floor to top.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael49 View Post
    My Boat: 8 ft PP Blades mounted on standard brackets on Slidemaster (non-hydraulic) Jack Plate = 6'- 11-1/2" (83.5")
    My 7'-0 Garage door has a 6'-10 rough opening and the clearance with the door open to bottom of door = 6'-8
    I have to lower my power poles to back the boat into garage ..... not a problem, but a nuisance.
    I have the same set up as you,power pole brackets are slid all the way down on the adjustment slot.
    Ed

9. Member
    Bought a house with a 24x30 detached garage. It only has one 7x9 door and 102" ceiling height. I new the door would be an issue but really wasnt sure if the ceiling was high enough. I plan on raising the garage about 24" then adding on another 32x30 to the front off it making it a total 60 ft deep. Ill end up putting 2-10'tall x 12'wide doors in the front of it and put the 7x9 door in the back for lawn equipment. It will be nice being able to back the whole truck and boat down one side and have the other side open for another vehicle. Luckily the 24x30 is just a stick framed,trusses, vinyl siding with no insulation, plumbing. Hoping its easy to jack up.

10. Member
    my 10 blades make it under 8' door with jackplate all the way down 92" floor to top when it is un hooked from truck
    06 Ranger Z21
    23 Yamaha SHO 250

Just went thru this and installed two Hydrilla Gear tilt brackets,problem solved. Jeff S.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael49 View Post
    Mine too except I have a Z520c.