Thread: Must have items

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Must have items

What are some small additions that in your eyes are must haves for your bass boat?

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Tp
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

3. Member
    I know it looks trivial, but I love this thing. Place for my water bottle and line conditioner. I put a piece of foam water pipe insulation to keep the little bottle secure. Instead of the clipper shown, I put a small sissors attached to a lanyard. (no need for flying scissors at 65mph) Instead of the pliers, I attach a fishing towel with a cable tie. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/hand...ductextensions.
    Opposite that I attach a Rod Saver plier holder. Would be lost without these two things. http://www.rodsaver.com/04_fishing/SO_US.html

Dry box and small tool box

5. Banned
    tow rope, TP, first aid kit with alieve and benadryl, jumper cables, extra set of warm clothes, assortment of tools, spare drain plug, pair of some sort cutters that can cut the biggest hook you have in your boat. I carry a very small pair of actual bolt cutters. Depending on your water a flare gun. hope to never need it, but if you ever really need some serious help fast it's the quickest way to get other boats attention.

6. Member
    boga grips. I've almost lipped a walleye before thinking it was a bass, and I've caught accidently pike and catfish before too. The boga grips make unhooking them without getting slime all over your carpet way easier.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

Imodium.

If you mean features on the boat then my vote is a hot foot, blinker trim, hydraulic steering, and recessed trolling motor pedal.

8. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Sunglasses, extra buff and sun gloves, dry towels, pencil and paper, phone charger, tool kit, first aid kit, spare outboard oil, spare line in various sizes, rain gear (obviously). Change of footwear if it might get cold/wet.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

9. Member
    Propwrench

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Tp
    Lol lol....So true!!!!!

I like the TM prop nut from Bob's. Cheap and easy to remove tm prop. Trolling motor strap. Keel guard. I am thinking the Power pole anchor light will be on my next boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

12. Member
    Extra hat (bald guy)
    Almost never find a cap again when it blows off on plane.

13. Member
    Wet wipes ........................

Gore-Tex socks
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

Tool box, dry box that has first aid kit, insurance papers, extra batteries for power pole switch, jump starter, baby wipes, fuses, electrical tape, butt connectors, tow rope, Parachute cord in the rigging tube leading from the bow to the console, and one from the bow to the battery box to assist with pulling wires.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

16. Member
    Spare trolling motor prop pin. Don’t ask.

Extra stainless steel screws bolts and nuts, screwdrivers some wrenches that fit things like reels, battery connections, power pole lines, zip ties, big zip ties so if you break a pp you can secure it. Allen wrench set-trolling motor repair, rags In addition to other stuff above
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

18. Member
    Ultrex.... its to the point now that if I didn't have one why go fishing at all. It's like the digital age once you have it you will never go back to pen and paper.

19. Member
    This is great! Any good ideas on how to store your push pole outside of your boats storage boxes without drilling holes?

If you YouTube Ish monroe on rigging his boat he has a a good idea about where and how to store his push pole behind his seats on his rear deck

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast