Thread: Wet compartment

Wet compartment

Is anybody else have a problem with the compartment in front of drivers counsel getting wet inside ? Not even taking water over bow...

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Not common, but can happen. What model boat do you have? Was it out in the rain? There is a gasket type seal underneath the compartment lid that could be damaged, or water could possibly drip through the latch, or conceivably there could be a leak under the rub rail. Provide us a few more details, please, and we will try to help you troubleshoot.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    As JC said,it could be any of several causes. Some locks leakin the rain,bad gasket,the water drain around that lid could be clogged,water coming in by the rub rail when water splashes beside the hull. Several things to check.

4. Member
    Not sure what model but some have a drain hole some have a drain ditch make sure that hasn't gotten stopped up also that is the end point at the console so it's like the last colbert at the end of the road it all (water) gathers at that point,let us know when you find out though.......

5. Member
    my boat is a 2016 520 C.....it just had new carpet instaled at ranger..no it wasent in rain ..my buddy has a 521C and is is doing the same

6. Member
    My guess would be the latch

7. Member
    I noticed several of my compartments getting wet pretty bad to. I keep it outside covered but the humidity is the culprit. I looked in there one time and saw water droplets hanging from the middle of the hatches.

8. Member
    but im not taking water over the top in anyway..

9. Member
    Do you have a plug in the drain in the bottom of the compartment to prevent bilge water backing up into the compartment?
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve5555 View Post
    but im not taking water over the top in anyway..
    If the rub rail is not sealed on the underside,you will not have to take water over the bow for water to enter the storage. Waves splashing up against the side or spray during holeshot can force water around the rub rail. Get a light and see if you have a good silicone seal under the rubrail in that area. Could be anywhere from the console forward.

11. Member
    What Howie said..........plug not in the compartment and plug left in bilge of boat and water will condensate and collect in boxes with plugs out. Had it happen to me when boat was sitting on a lift.....took me forever to figure out what was going on. Corroding on my reels, water in Plano boxes....simple fix, either remove bilge plug or keep compartment plugs in. If plugs in and bilge dry then rub rail would be my guess as well.