Help desperately needed with ONIX NT SI 8 !!

I am desperate to get my ONIX working again and a friend of mine recommended a HARD RE-BOOT. If I did this, what would it wipe out? I think I have all the updates for the ONIX from the very beginning on my computer. Could I then update it only as far as the one that worked the best? I am very afraid of doing this for fear that it will not ever recover. The last 2 updates have really screwed things up! Thank you for any information you can provide!

2. Member
    Does it boot up now?

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scubatelco View Post
    Does it boot up now?
    It does boot up but it does not work correctly. In chart view if I zoom in to 50 feet it will automatically change by itself to 5 miles making it useless. It will not follow the contour more than a few yards and will automatically cancel all navigation!

4. Member
    Doesn't sound good. I would make sure you have a good battery and connections. You can backup your settings onto a SD card and try the hard reboot. It sounds like it is worthless the way it is now, so what do you have to loose with a hard reboot. If that doesn't work, send it in for repair.

Rajun Cajun
    Johnson 1995 #J130TLEOP
    S# GO3872031

5. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    With 3.04 on my ONIX 10 I had some weird stuff going on with maps and follow the contour and I also noticed iTracks weren't being saved. So I exported all my nav data onto an SD card, deleted the nav data off the unit, started it up and imported my nav data and all has been good since then. I'm currently running 3.11 and in my world it's been a good version.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatBuggy View Post
    With 3.04 on my ONIX 10 I had some weird stuff going on with maps and follow the contour and I also noticed iTracks weren't being saved. So I exported all my nav data onto an SD card, deleted the nav data off the unit, started it up and imported my nav data and all has been good since then. I'm currently running 3.11 and in my world it's been a good version.
    I agree that 3.11 was a good version. I didn’t have any problems with it at all. I wish I could go back to it! I should have never updated!