Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Muddy creek motocross

I’m thinking about going this weekend. Wonder if anyone is going or has ever been? I always wanted to go to a pro outdoor race but there was never one close until they started coming here. I’ve been to a few amateur races there but it’s been over 10 years since i raced. Can you bring beer in like a nascar race?

I’ve been to a lot of Supercrosses but never an Outdoor National. I would like to go to the Muddy Creek National since I live in Georgia and it’s close to home but every year I come to Louisiana to visit family with my daughter.

If you go, take some pics and have fun!

I’ve been to a lot of supercrosses too but never a pro outdoor.

4. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I use to go to Redbud Michigan. Fun, Your truck will be dirty(dusty) and watch the wind when you set up chairs/coolers. We watched everyone(75%) walk aound to the infield and we set up on the outside close to our truck. After track drys- Man was it dusty(eyes were red) and our trucks had 2 inches of dust on them...

5. Member
    having worked in the industry for many years I have been to both supercross and motocross races if you have a chance to see an outdoor national do it you will be amazed at how fast the pros are on an outdoor track and watching 40 bikes head into the frist turn is something to see

Quote Originally Posted by jav389 View Post
    having worked in the industry for many years I have been to both supercross and motocross races if you have a chance to see an outdoor national do it you will be amazed at how fast the pros are on an outdoor track and watching 40 bikes head into the frist turn is something to see
    Man, you said it. TV does not do the speed justice at all. Watching RC hammer it down hill for just a few feet away was awesome.

As to bringing in beer, it probably depends on the track. I took a cooler in a few times. I didn't have beer but I don't recall anyone looking in my cooler.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

I’ll probably just carry a backpack cooler and just walk around the track. From what I remember they don’t have many trees around there and if it’s as hot as it’s been it will be pretty brutal.

8. Member
    Outdoors, to me, are much better than the stadiums. I've been going to RedBud for about 15 years, and have been to many different SX races. The fact that you can wander to see different sections of the track is the main reason.

If you do make it this weekend, he sure to give a shout out to #40 Chase Sexton on the Geico Honda. I've known him since he started racing at 4 years old. I raced against his dad in the plus classes.
    I'm not dead yet.....competition is the life blood of any human being

9. Member
    If you go make sure to get there early and get a pit pass....Watching the mechanics work and the team effort of getting the bikes ready can be the highlight of the day....It's also interesting to see the glaring differences between the factory riders and privateers in the pits ..You will see everything from multi million dollar team rigs to some privateer working out of his pickup truck...Pretty cool..
    I've been to quite a few outdoor Nationals and events...Mammoth mountain was really cool and Red Bud is one of the best shows and setups to watch the race ..I went to my first outdoor National in Florida in the early 70s...My Dad was racing the Alligator National Enduro and they had the outdoor MX national the same week....We basically spent a month in Florida and Georgia at the Stoney Mountain National Enduro every year..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

10. Member
    GO!!!! You will be so glad you did.......trust me. Absolutely nothing like pro motocross. I can't stand supercross anymore, not racing to me, just timed jumping contest. Motocross IS racing at its best!

11. Banned
    We usually go to Muddy Creek every year. But I have to race sat night as we are battling for points. But my boy and my neighbor is racing sunday on amerature day. You can NOT believe how fast they go. Take a backpack cooler Full of beer so you can walk around the track and watch from different parts of the track.

12. Member
    Outdoor Nationals is where it's at. The raw speed those guys display is insane......regular Joes would have both feet out trying to ride the ruts those guys hammer down through. The sounds and smells are worth the price of admission (albeit the smell was MUCH better in the two stroke days)!!!

We saw the last 500 national at Kenworthy's in 91 or 92....talk about man vs machine. I didn't think it was possible for a 500 to be ridden that fast!!!

Go...enjoy it. You will be hooked!!!!

13. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Do they have practice day the day before the race ? Might be a way to see them for less and with only a few spectators. You won't get full effect if you go to a practice day.

14. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Another vote for "Just go!!!"

As already mentioned several times, the speed is just on another level in comparison to SX... You really can't appreciate what these guys are able to do until you see it in person... outdoors.
    Who controls John Gill?

15. Banned
    Beer? I thought it was all monster and rockstar??

He a blast and brought back a lot of memories. Almost made me want to get another bike.

18. Member
    We planned on going but didn’t make it. Your video is awesome. But those 4 strokes sound terrible!! I sure do miss the day of the 2 strokes. I’ve raced at muddy creek back in the mid 90’s. That place has always been one of the premier amateur tracks on the east coast. I was happy to see theme get a national they deserved it!!
    Last edited by Sir fishalot; 06-24-2018 at 09:19 AM.

They had a 2 stroke race at intermission. It had 125s, 250s and a couple 500s in it I think. That sounded awesome with all those together.

20. Member
    I used to race the top gun showdown every year at muddy creek in October. I love that track, the pros make it look a lot easier than I could though haha. Definitely worth the trip up there for the weekend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast