End of July Fishing Trip

I have July 26-30 free and am debating where I should plan a fishing trip to. I live in Louisville and am curious where would be best that time of year. I have debated traveling north or going to Guntersville for the first time but can't really decide. I would like to leave Kentucky to try something new but stay within a reasonable drive. I was thinking this would be the place for some suggestions. Any input on your previous experiences would be greatly appreciated.

if you like to fish at night go south. lake erie is not too far north and has great smallmouth and walleye fishing.
    Ranger Forever

3. Banned
    St Clair man. 6 hour drive at most. Be nice and cool up there compared to here. I live right across the river from you, be happy to help ya out. Been there many times.

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    St Clair man. 6 hour drive at most. Be nice and cool up there compared to here. I live right across the river from you, be happy to help ya out. Been there many times.
    I went last year for a week, I also recommend.
    2014 Nitro Z7 150 Pro XS

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies. St. Clair sounds very tempting as this brutal heat has been tough to deal with the past couple weeks. I may send a PM here in the next week or two for some details once I decide what to do.

6. Member
    Dale Hollow was nice this week but also hot. July will more than likely be similar. It was nice to be able to fish grass again though.
    "If you only have men that will come when there is a good road, do not send them. I want men who will come when there is no road at all."