Question Mercury Parts Catalog

Put my motor serial number in, did the search came up with all components. The diagram shows a small tube with the #95 on it. Where do you find what #95 is?

2. Member
    We have no idea which motor you have. Please read the announcement before posting.

3. Member
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    It definitely will help to have the Engine Serial Number, and know which PAGE/SECTION of the Parts Catalog you are viewing.

Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

2B231582
    2016 Mercury 250Pro XS
    25P Fury
    seen 12.? @4000 RPM
    Smartcraft
    1.75 Torque Master 2
    Page=Gearhousing Driveshaft Numbers; 40,23,19,33,46,47,16,13
    Pretty sure it's special lubricant 101 or 2-4-C. Just can't find reference for the tube labeled #95

6. Member
    #95 is 2 4 c
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Thanks Joe, how do you know this? I see other items (tube #14), where do you find this info?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffism View Post
    Thanks Joe, how do you know this? I see other items (tube #14), where do you find this info?
    I am the healer of black engines, one of the first things I was taught was how to use a service manual one of the most important tools a MERC tech can have without one your guessing, these mtrs cost too much too guess ,hope this helped ya JOE/oh #14 is two stroke oil
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Dang, now I know, I need a $100 manual to tell me what tube #95 and #14 are.

Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    I am the healer of black engines, one of the first things I was taught was how to use a service manual one of the most important tools a MERC tech can have without one your guessing, these mtrs cost too much too guess ,hope this helped ya JOE/oh #14 is two stroke oil
    Thanks Joe....yes you did help a lot.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffism View Post
    Dang, now I know, I need a $100 manual to tell me what tube #95 and #14 are.
    no you don't you found out on the best MERCURY info site there is /but it will help you

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    And don't feel bad- that particular item was a little more clear in the "previous" EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog). The system in use now (with Mercury) did make a few things more difficult to find (some easier, of course).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor