Thread: Trailer Covers

Trailer Covers

I have a new Ranger RT178. Bought a new cover for it and was wondering if anyone uses their cover for both towing and mooring? I did have a Carver cover that I used for both on my old boat and it worked out well, just don't know about the Ranger cover. I have it on a lake in Canada for the week and like to cover it at night. Your thoughts?

Thanks

My buddy hauls his RT188 to my cabin on Georgian Bay each year. He tows with the cover on. If it's going to rain overnight, he covers it when tied to my dock. The only problem is that the cover is designed more for towing than mooring, as their is no good way to tighten it up when tied to the dock. So, the water will pool up in spots.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Yea, thanks Jeff,

I know, there is really no good way to tie up to keep the cover from pooling water. My friend has a "snap" cover that fits around the entire boat, that seems to be the only solution.

4. Member
    I bought a cover for the RT178 from Ranger and there is zero issue with pooling water on it. The seats act as posts to keep the middle raised up. I never trailer with it, just use for storage outside but it would probably be fine for trailering as well.

5. Member
    Ranger covers are made for towing with the cover on but works nice just for storing. I even keep my Z118 in my garage and still keep it covered.