Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Down here on the low side of va “tidewater “ don’t get to see much cool stuff like your shots our lake are pretty flat. Nice shots.

2. Member
    Beautiful shots! I currently run an 1198 but have a 10 Mega coming....looks like it is going to be worth it! Thank you for the pics.

3. Jon
    Awesome shots!! Especially for being mounted on the TM. Ive been debating moving my Helix Mega to the bow and you just sold me. My concern is having the XM 9 20 MSI T mega transducer on the TM along with adding 360, but I'm guessing I'll be able to go between the two

4. Member
    Keep them coming awesome.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

5. Member
    I've noticed that with di/si high frequency is good for structure. To see fish use the low frequencies. Some how the fish just really pop more in the low frequencies. Anyone else notice this?

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebassletter View Post
    I've noticed that with di/si high frequency is good for structure. To see fish use the low frequencies. Some how the fish just really pop more in the low frequencies. Anyone else notice this?
    You need to diddle the contrast & sensitivity in a slightly different manner than with a lower freq.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    You need to diddle the contrast & sensitivity in a slightly different manner than with a lower freq.
    So i should be able to see fish just as easily in mega as in low freq side imaging? For example, if I switch to low frequency then suddenly I see bait balls all over the place, that I don't see in mega. But if you think I should be able to see fish and bait balls just as easily, I would be excited to try that.

Crappie

Shad

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Nice! Looks like some nice size crappie in that 1st picture.

10. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebassletter View Post
    So i should be able to see fish just as easily in mega as in low freq side imaging? For example, if I switch to low frequency then suddenly I see bait balls all over the place, that I don't see in mega. But if you think I should be able to see fish and bait balls just as easily, I would be excited to try that.
    As shown by Wayne's pic - it needs to be adjusted differently to get similar or "good" results, you need more sensitivity (depending) due to lesser range and narrower coverage, but adjusting contrast to make critters "pop" is required.

You usually can see closer objects at "normal casting/fishing ranges - but can't run it just like you would 455 kHz.

You have the option to hit the 4 way cursor control to "freeze" the image, then diddle the sens/contrast to see the results and that'll help you for your style of locating, finding and catching.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

The crappie screen shot was when I first was using the MEGA frequency at that lake. At the same time I had the ONIX SI operating to compare MEGA Imaging with 455 Imaging. I took this screen shot a couple of seconds from the other screen shot. I had 2D turned off to prevent cross-talk.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Side by side = NICE stuff!

Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

13. Jon
    ShitFireFartsAFraction that's amazing!!!

14. Member
    I will give it a try

White Perch
    picture share

Shad
    pic hosting

16. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Cool....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

Great images, MonteSS..Are you still using your Garmin & Raymarine sets?

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Although I still really like my Ray A98 I am selling it. The Helix images are just more sexy. I still cant work out why I have probs with the old Garmin 70dv with the panoptix PS21. I REALLY like the Panoptix but I am giving up as it just aggravates me. Worked great when new and last year just isn't right. Changed transducer and head unit but still wonky.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Although I still really like my Ray A98 I am selling it. The Helix images are just more sexy. I still cant work out why I have probs with the old Garmin 70dv with the panoptix PS21. I REALLY like the Panoptix but I am giving up as it just aggravates me. Worked great when new and last year just isn't right. Changed transducer and head unit but still wonky.
    Best of luck with the Helix.....

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

20. Member
    I just got back from 6hrs of playing/learning a new Helix 10 Mega SI. Dont have any screen shots to share but man o man what a nice machine. Im likely to spend as much or more time playing with than fishing for a few trips.
    Nice screen shots btw. I have to figure out how to do that, I saw things today that i was completely unaware of on a lake i have fished on for 20 years.

Question: How did you get the "time" to show up on the overlay readouts? Only way i could get time to work is via the "boxes" for the digital readouts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast