Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Right lane = 60mph, those wanting on/off and OTR trucks, Middle Lanes = 64-65, trailers, OTR rigs, RVs, etc.
    That's one reason to be in left lane, nothing else left for light passenger vehicles. It's a damn mess down here.
    Come down to Florida and don't drive in the left lane when the others are ridiculously below the limit.
    There has to be a speed threshold somewhere. Left lane = those wanting 71-73 mph to those wanting 90+.
    It's inevitable that you'll either be bogged down in other lanes OR eventually holding up the rapid rabid racers.
    Or it can be just as it is supposed to be... LEFT = Passing RIGHT = NOT PASSING

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Hendrick View Post
    Hence the problem. So your attitude is F you it's all about me?
    Lmfao

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KYSkipper View Post
    I'm not really concerned about someone on the interstate getting pissed at me.
    And you sir is why they are starting to enforce this law! You're not part of the problem, You are the problem!!!

4. Member
    Good job trooper!

Around here they need to enforce it with Semis and dump trucks. 4 lanes of traffic and they will ride the left lane.

6. Member
    My "favorite" is the guy who drives 70 in the left lane, but when you go to pass him on the right (after several miles) suddenly speeds up to 85 to keep you from passing and then resumes his 70 once there is no way to pass him.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

7. Member
    Totally unnecessary law. Just need to require installation of speed governors into vehicles.
    Of course, here you are lucky to do the speed limit at 3:00am it seems. We are too full.
    Totally agree Jim.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    My sister in law argued for 20 minutes with me one time the left lane is the travel lane and people can feel free to pass her on the right if they are in a hurry ... I said you want other people to break the law(passing left) to avoid your breaking of the law ? She said yes and that’s what they taught her in driving school
    --I see her EVERYDAY here on the roads of Wisconsin..

9. Member
    Just need to do what Nixon did in 73, makes for fuel conservation and safer roadways for all.

How about just don't be a fing dangerous moron...

11. Member
    My favorite is the guy who gets on the highway with not a single car in the right lane for a mile ahead of them and they immediately move left. I've always wanted to stop them and ask why they did that?

"KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS"

Some people just can't grasp the fact it's a law and are just plain IGNORANT.

13. Member
    Personally, I can barely wait for self-driving vehicles to completely take over.
    Eliminates texting while driving, DUI, eating while driving, makeup while driving, etc.
    And best of all, I can do the wild thing in the back seat with my date.
    While traffic moves at a perfectly synchronized pace without chaos or road rage.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet Skeet-er View Post
    Are you talking about the speeders, the texters, the drunk drivers, or the left lane drivers?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    My favorite is the guy who gets on the highway at 45mph with not a single car in the right lane for a mile ahead of them and they immediately move left. I've always wanted to stop them and ask why they did that?

"KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS"
    Fixed it for you.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

16. #FRB
    For you left lane cruisers how about this...stay left if you want but if someone is coming up on you MOVE OVER. I'll admit on long trips I'm guilty of camping out in the left lane as I'm slowly passing everyone to the right of me going at or below speed limit but am checking the mirrors every 10 seconds or so to make sure "mad max" isn't coming in hot. It's not gonna kill you to SAFELY merge over for a few seconds. I realize most vehicles have a governor on them but usually at 100-110mph. But forcing passenger cars/trucks to top out at only 70 or 75 would cause so much backlash.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

17. #FRB
    Personally, I can barely wait for self-driving vehicles to completely take over.
    Eliminates texting while driving, DUI, eating while driving, makeup while driving, etc.
    And best of all, I can do the wild thing in the back seat with my date.
    While traffic moves at a perfectly synchronized pace without chaos or road rage.
    I actually agree with this. Would love a self driving car on long trips. Even in traffic especially on roads that make my blood boil because of how traffic moves on them...mostly people in the left lane hovering and holding up traffic.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

18. Member
    Where do you draw the line on breaking the law, 5 over, 10 over, 20 over, 30 over? You guys would have never made it back in the 1970s when the nation wide max speed limit was 55.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    How about just don't be a fing dangerous moron...
    How about not breaking the law by speeding?!? I hate this debate every gd time it comes up. Its wrong for people to break the law by driving in the left lane by perfectly fine for speeders to break the law?!?! Wtf?? Picking and choosing what laws you break because it's what works for you is the root of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeet Skeet-er View Post
    Do you speed?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast