OX66 225 acting up

Hello all. Long story short:Out fishing father's day and at the end of the trip my motor started skipping like it was starving for fuel. The motor never stalled, just struggled when I punched the throttle. Got her home and have done the following:
    VST: Tank looked spotless and filter looked Clean
    Low Pressure Pumps: No leaks detected ( 3 new 5/16)
    Primer bulb Hard
    O2 sensor: had some build up/cleaned
    Spark plugs: tops looking Amber/1 plug a little dirty
    Fuel: fresh /89

I have owned the boat for two years (00' Skeeter 202c/Yamaha ox66 225) and have never had any problem. She always starts strong on 1st try. Always gets right up on plane. I do need to get the injectors serviced because to my knowledge they never have been. Other than that I am not sure what else to do. Any suggestions would be helpful. Tight lines

Side note: The spark plugs that are in now came with the boat: NGK BR 6 HS 10. I know most run BR 8/9. Should I switch to 8/9? Thanks again

2. Member
    That BR6 is SUPER hot - definitely change those and get the injectors serviced.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

3. Member
    Did you shine a light through the vst filter? It is a very fine mesh and can look OK but not flow to spec. When I did my injectors, the boat ran Ok, but it did fix some surging I had at low throttle and made it a ton smoother. Also, what about the fuel lines? They could be braking down. Other thing to check is the water separator filter on the engine. Mine had a stumble early in the season, and changing it resolved the problem. Had not been too long since it was replaced, but I think I got some bad gas.