Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

KVD fishes local tournament

Pretty good read. probably a lot of fun for him and the other guys in the tournament. We see a fair number of the larger trail guys fishing our local events. Always a good time.

https://www.bassmaster.com/kevin-vandam/back-my-roots

2. Member
    That’s awesome. I would think that memory would be one he keeps for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Srt1010 View Post
    That’s awesome. I would think that memory would be one he keeps for awhile.
    And, so will any of the teams who beat them! Beating KVD should give those guys bragging rights for a while!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    Evers fishes some around here once in a while. Super nice guy.

Fished a local derby two years ago and one of the competitors was Seth Feider. Great young man. Down to earth and not pretentious in any way. Really enjoyed chatting with him after weigh-in.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

6. Member
    Cool. I would give anything to fish a tournament with my dad.
    Dave

Very cool . . .
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

8. Member
    KVD goes fishing on his vacations in Northern Michigan...The guy genuinely loves to be on the water...I guess it never has become just a job to him..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

This reminded me of when I worked on a local race team and our owner bought 2 race cars from Bill Elliott's company. Our driver was the owners son and he was terrible and he always complained about the car. On an off week Bill asked our owner to rent our local track. Bill flies up and lands his plane at a landing field close to the track and he was picked up, comes to the track gets in the car and recorded one of the fastest laps ever at the track. Parks the car, said there is nothing wrong with the car and headed back to his plane. Its a treat to see a pro do their craft.

10. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    KVD goes fishing on his vacations in Northern Michigan...The guy genuinely loves to be on the water...I guess it never has become just a job to him..
    Actually seen multiple interviews with him saying the opposite, that it is a business to him not for fun or a hobby.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

11. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    He was surprised at how many people wear HUK and have the latest electronics and such? How the heck does he think hes been getting paid all these years and why he gets paid to use that stuff. All them guys fishing in that tournament paid for that Z19 with those talons on it for his boys to run.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

12. Member
    Never like when any of the pros show up to fish local tournaments. I dont think it should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    He was surprised at how many people wear HUK and have the latest electronics and such? How the heck does he think hes been getting paid all these years and why he gets paid to use that stuff. All them guys fishing in that tournament paid for that Z19 with those talons on it for his boys to run.
    I tend to look at it like he works the shows, speaking engagements, helps with R&D, and helps with sales. He earned that boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabassin14 View Post
    Never like when any of the pros show up to fish local tournaments. I dont think it should be allowed.

I like it. Just shows they love to fish. They dont always win either.

15. Banned
    Competition breeds success.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I like it. Just shows they love to fish. They dont always win either.
    Nah I agree more times than not the local stick still wins. In my experience they only show for the big ones but they do take a check/boat from someone who is an amateur. The percs of being a professional imo gives them an unfair advantage over a regular Joe. Its neat to say u fished against them every now and then but after a couple of times they are just hurting chances of success of amateurs. Sorry about the thread hijack

Nah I agree more times than not the local stick still wins. In my experience they only show for the big ones but they do take a check/boat from someone who is an amateur. The percs of being a professional imo gives them an unfair advantage over a regular Joe. Its neat to say u fished against them every now and then but after a couple of times they are just hurting chances of success of amateurs. Sorry about the thread hijack
    No need to apologize for your opinion. It would be boring if we all thought the same way.

Why?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eojmama View Post
    Competition breeds success.
    Plenty of competition around here its hard enough to get a check as it is. Throw in the fact that they can show whenever they want, spend all week on the water, 500 free rods, electronics, tackle, boat, ect ect ect i feel its an unfair advantage

At the end of it all, he is just a Dad that wanted to fish with his son.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast