Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabassin14 View Post
    5 pages and im pretty much the only one that has issue with it.
    That should tell you everything you need to know...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

2. Banned
    I'm actually surprised at the 5 page beating im taking for this. 5 pages and im pretty much the only one that has issue with it. Again the huge opens these pros fish are on their home waters they are or were the local sticks for that lake. Or they have relocated to live on that lake and fish professional and guide on that lake. They dont show up on friday and fish on Saturday. If there is zero advantage to it and they are just that much better then what is the point of mlf taking everyone to an unknown location that morning and everyone fishing out of the same rig?

Simple solution for you, don’t fish any tournaments where pros can fish. There’s always a few trails around that ban pros.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Simple solution for you, don’t fish any tournaments where pros can fish. There’s always a few trails around that ban pros.
    I do love the aba because of that very reason and lakes being off limits a week before tournaments. I mean it doesnt bother me that bad and I'll still fish them all it was just discussion thats all.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    That should tell you everything you need to know...
    Tells me you ducked the important part to this post along with everyone else who thinks its super neato to hand their money to people who arent competing on a level playing field..AGAIN everyone on this board raves over the mlf if they enforce some of what im talking about to keep it fair between pros how is it that there is zero advantage to them fishing opens. I'm not star struck by anyone regardless if i fish tournaments another 30 years and never cash a check i showed up to try and win. Handing them my money because of their name doesnt get my rocks off

5. Member
    Tells me you ducked the important part to this post along with everyone else who thinks its super neato to hand their money to people who arent competing on a level playing field..AGAIN everyone on this board raves over the mlf if they enforce some of what im talking about to keep it fair between pros how is it that there is zero advantage to them fishing opens. I'm not star struck by anyone regardless if i fish tournaments another 30 years and never cash a check i showed up to try and win. Handing them my money because of their name doesnt get my rocks off
    I would like to see them throw in a couple locals on MLF.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulapopr View Post
    Brother Imma thinkin u on to sumn!!

Fun idea, but MLF pros getting their asses handed to them isn't going to jive with the cult of personality they are trying to cultivate.

8. Member
    I'm actually surprised at the 5 page beating im taking for this. 5 pages and im pretty much the only one that has issue with it. Again the huge opens these pros fish are on their home waters they are or were the local sticks for that lake. Or they have relocated to live on that lake and fish professional and guide on that lake. They dont show up on friday and fish on Saturday. If there is zero advantage to it and they are just that much better then what is the point of mlf taking everyone to an unknown location that morning and everyone fishing out of the same rig?
    If the rest of the tourney fisherman on here are welcoming the challenge, and would have loved to have been there,and you are the only one with issue that might should tell you something.

Why do you compete? For the chance to be handed a check, or for the challenge? I think that’s the big difference

9. Member
    The whole issue is you are going into it with the expectation of handing in your money, instead of seeing how you stack up against the best on that day.

10. Member
    SIGH Ive covered that i wasnt specifically talking just about KVD and him fishing with his son. Are u 10? Scared of what? I fish more than u, against better competition than you, and whattever it is you feel u are best at im probably better. Its about an unfair advantage thats all.
    No I'm not 10 thanks for asking. I do know some 10yr olds who would love to fish against kvd just to say they did and not whine about it like you are... I welcome the competition no matter who it is. I have beat a few pros on hartwell before and they have beat me as well but not once have I complained about having to fish against them. There's no difference in fishing against a pro than fishing against someone who fishes the same lake 5 days a week for the last 40 years and takes everyone's money in a tournament. The more you beat me the better I try to be not once has it ever hurt my feelings

Some folks on here just have there heinie hairs twisted too tight over stuff that does not matter,,,, Good for KVD,, I bet he was way more interested in spending a day with his son than trying to beat up on locals fishing a tournament ,,

If I remember correctly (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) all the guys on MLF buy in and that money covers all the production fees and associated costs. They don't win money in the tournaments, they split the advertising revenues equally. It's not designed for "cherry pickers".

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    If I remember correctly (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) all the guys on MLF buy in and that money covers all the production fees and associated costs. They don't win money in the tournaments, they split the advertising revenues equally. It's not designed for "cherry pickers".
    Yep, that's it.

14. Member
    There is more than one thing that has to be taken into consideration. KVD has mad skills, no one can dispute that, but there are thousands of anglers in this country that have great skills. Casting, lure choice, lure placement, etc are some that many have incredible success with. On water decision making, again he's a master, but he's made some stinkers along the way I'm sure he would admit. As a pro his success doesn't come from a one day one off tourney, that's not how it's done. They have to be able to have a statagy for multiple days and all sorts of changes in weather and water conditions. Playing against a pro golfer in a single round would not be fair. Sure they have a clunker now and then, but you would probably have to shoot the round of your life to beat them. You are only competing against them. Fishing on the other hand has so many other variables, the fish being the most obvious and the least in anyone's control. Is he the best angler in a local tourney, most likely yes, but that does in no way guarantee a win. In fact, I would bet against it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456