899 reading wrong depth/ with US2 cable on Ultrex

I installed my new Ultrex this past weekend and I decided to just use the US2 cable instead of my regular 2d/DI transducer. Everything went good and workers just fine. Besides my depth reading. When the trolling motor use in use prop spinning the depth reading would change for. Say 7’ of water to something crazy like 60’,75’ or what ever crazy depth it would give, just jumping around. Then once I let of the peddle and the trolling motor was not in use the depth reading would go back to normal? My Fortrex never done this. Other than that it works just fine. Depth reading jumps around way off just while it’s in use prop spinning foot on pedal then goes back once you take foot off pedal and prop stops not spinning.

Any ideas? I really appreciate help or advice you guys can give me.

Did you change the Connected Transducer setting to 83/200 kHz? The US2 does not do any imaging of any kind.
    Nothing unusual about getting RFI with a different installation. Every single installation is unique.
    Have you contacted Humminbird Customer Service for assistance with the RFI issue? That should be your first step.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Sounds like you're getting interference from TM (check cable routing). Did you change your selected transducer setting to a 83/200khz transducer?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Did you change the Connected Transducer setting to 83/200 kHz? The US2 does not do any imaging of any kind.
    Nothing unusual about getting RFI with a different installation. Every single installation is unique.
    Have you contacted Humminbird Customer Service for assistance with the RFI issue? That should be your first step.

No I have not contacted Humminbird as I got it installed late Friday and had a tournament Saturday. I’m aware of that you asked to not having DI I basically used to DC and my GPS that’s why decided to switch back to the US to instead of using my DI transducer I know Friday night I never change my settings but I don’t remember Saturday trying to switch between the settings and it didn’t let me have 83/200 it was either 200 or 455 I’m thinking I could be wrong but I will double check it once I get home to see which setting I have it on

So I should have it on 80/200 that way it’s just running the 2-D sonar is that the reason why

Quote Originally Posted by DD22 View Post
    No I have not contacted Humminbird as I got it installed late Friday and had a tournament Saturday. I’m aware of that you asked to not having DI I basically used to DC and my GPS that’s why decided to switch back to the US to instead of using my DI transducer I know Friday night I never change my settings but I don’t remember Saturday trying to switch between the settings and it didn’t let me have 83/200 it was either 200 or 455 I’m thinking I could be wrong but I will double check it once I get home to see which setting I have it on

So I should have it on 80/200 that way it’s just running the 2-D sonar is that the reason why
    The US2 is a 83/200 kHz transducer. If you are going to use it, use the proper setting.
    Default for non-MEGA DI units is 200/455 kHz to match the included DI transducer.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    My Helix 10 Sonar/GPS does the same thing, and I have tried a number of different methods and none have worked. I have checked the fuse in my fortrex, moved the cables around, checked to make sure I have a ring on my power cord, etc. Actually I thought I had fixed the problem the other day when I was installing a dek-it-mount. I removed my recessed trolling motor pedal and I looked at my cables and noticed there are two power cables below deck and both were humminbird cables. one was the one I was using and the other was connected with just electrical tape and butt connectors and they were zip tied together. I decided to fix the connection on the one not being used and removed the zip tie keeping them together (my thinking was maybe there was some interference having them together like that) and it didn't solve the problem... Actually now that I'm typing this I'm thinking about trying the other power cable and maybe that one will fix the issue. or I need to just connect it straight to the battery instead of having it linked to the power switch on the console.