Highland Lake - Bridgton Maine

Posted this as well on the NE page, thought it would be worth a shot here as well.

Heading up to Highland lake in Bridgton on Saturday for a week on the lake with the family. My three year old is pretty fired up to fish it so we'll be targeting sunfish for a while and hopefully the bass once I figure things out. Any general suggestions? Looks like there are some shoals out in the middle of the lake, anything specific to look out for hazard wise?

Thanks

Never been there but good luck Mike, hope you guys have a great time
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

I fish it every year. Easy to run with the hazards marked. Leave the ramp and go almost all the way up the lake. There are two floating islands up there. Fish around them and you should do ok. The one on the right is better. If you are launching at the public ramp make sure you drive up the path that has the boat washing station.

Ranger Z521 Mercury 250 Pro XS

BTW, lots of things to do in that area. Make sure to get a meal at Ricky's diner (they have the best home made pies), see a movie at the drive-in, and have dinner at the Campfire grille. Also, you're about a half hour away from the outlet mall in North Conway NH. There is a NH state liquor store there and the booze is much cheaper than the supermarket prices in Bridgton. If you do make it to North Conway have a beer and a meal at the Sea Dog brewery.

Might have to do this myself. Sounds like fun
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

I'm always up there the first two weeks of July. I'm on Long Lake which is just around the corner from Highland. If anyone is up there around that time I'd be happy to take you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscatfrank View Post
    BTW, lots of things to do in that area. Make sure to get a meal at Ricky's diner (they have the best home made pies), see a movie at the drive-in, and have dinner at the Campfire grille. Also, you're about a half hour away from the outlet mall in North Conway NH. There is a NH state liquor store there and the booze is much cheaper than the supermarket prices in Bridgton. If you do make it to North Conway have a beer and a meal at the Sea Dog brewery.
    Go to the Moat Mt. Brew Pub and Restaurant instead. Seadog food not up to par these days.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Go to the Moat Mt. Brew Pub and Restaurant instead. Seadog food not up to par these days.
    Can confirm, Moat Mountain beer and food is incredible. Going back up that way again middle of August for a long weekend motorcycle cruise with some friends.

My daughter has a camp in Bridgton. I went up there to help her with something last Saturday. When we finished we went to the Sea Dog. My food and my blueberry beer was excellent.

10. Member
    I do like their blueberry beer, but Most Mountains Miss V's Blueberry ale holds a special place in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscatfrank View Post
    My daughter has a camp in Bridgton. I went up there to help her with something last Saturday. When we finished we went to the Sea Dog. My food and my blueberry beer was excellent.
    Listen tourist, I live here.

12. Member
    Frank thanks so much for the fishing advice! Hoping to get my son on some bass and start getting him hooked young. He told me today he wants to fish everyday at least once so should be a good time.

Appreciate the thoughts on breweries, moat has been on the list for a while, heard they have good BBQ. The wife likes their blueberry beer so it's an easy sell.

I'll post an update while we're up there or when we get back. Appreciate the help guys

Get some bobbers and circle hooks and mini senkos or keiteck swimbsits .. run line about a foot below bobber and the kid will wear the bass out .. I do that for my nephews and they usually catch a ton and end up very happy.. it’s produced some good ones too!! I think the Bass first come to see what the bobber is and then crush the bait

Frank I don’t want to hear that you did this at your next tourney

14. Member
    Frank, Jane and I will there in the 2 nd. week.for three days.. I have to put a sliding door in a house in Naples
    You have a safe time...