Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Yes they were used as the plug for the mold ,changed a few things so yes they are not usable.

If they are going to change the hull, (patent/copyright problems?) then I’d have second thoughts. But I do applaud Charger for their efforts and wish them all the success in the world for producing a great boat at a decent price. In fact my neighbor is looking for one now and I’m pushing him towards Charger's 210 and Basscat's 203 splashes.

Not to hopeful in appealing to his common sense though, afterall who on God's Green Earth moves from Texas to California!?!?
    Last edited by BigMouth; 06-21-2018 at 12:01 PM.

3. Banned
    Taking it apart to make the molds had to make it a lot easier handle... Gotta break a couple eggs to make a cake... Or that's what Mom use to tell me... Dan

4. Member
    I’d never trade my champion for a charger . I hate the fact that it’s charger remaking champion hulls .

5. Banned
    If ChargeR would've called me I'da driven my boat out in exchange for a new boat... Mines a 2013 but I'm sure the advances in building materials has advanced in the last 5 years... So hell yeah I'd trade... And I wouldn't have expected or want the first one out of the mold... So Mr. Dorris next time, look me up... Dan

6. Pat Goff
    Sorry, but...
    I've helped splash a couple of hulls. I honestly have no idea why you'd destroy the original to get a hull mold. If you did, you're not doing it right.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Gotta agree here. Pat has too many years of experience with boats, and especially with our Champs! Not sure why any hulls were torn up, but I guess Charger had their reasons....

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    They redid the deck the cooler the back deck the front deck theres alot going on if you look at the pic i posted you can see.Its just not a splash its a total make over.

9. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    No issues there....but pretty sure this discussion is regarding the hull....not the top cap. The Champion performance is in the hull.

Always thought Charger made a really great performer, so no critical comments here....
    Last edited by Lea; 06-21-2018 at 07:10 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    The mod of the Charger board posted today that they did trash the 210 and the 198 they used to splash a mold from.
    That really doesn't make sense based the process of splashing a hull... unless they modified the hulls before making the splash.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    They redid the deck the cooler the back deck the front deck theres alot going on if you look at the pic i posted you can see.Its just not a splash its a total make over.
    I think that feeds into my previous post. Can see if they stripped the top cap, modified it, then "splashed" it. That would explain the deeper lockers/storage, and ice chest.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

12. Banned
    Geez Louise... I guess Kelly Power just has a different method than the masses... Next time you all splash a boat make sure you consult the engineers here on the ChampioN page... Dan

13. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    The deeper lockers/storage, etc, came about before Champion was "gone". I think it first appeared on the newest 202. Charger has made other mods to the topcap, but the hull splash is the main consideration, IMHO. The hull is what makes a Champ a ChampioN!

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    What would you do with a hull and no top cap?Once you make a mold of something it tends to be wider than the original.

16. Member
    Could you put the top cap back on? Just asking.

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    No it was redid for the mold,and a new one will be wider /longer and different here and there.

18. Member
    Oh okay.

19. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    What would you do with a hull and no top cap?Once you make a mold of something it tends to be wider than the original.
    Not implying any wrong-doing. Simply saying the hull is the Champion performance...and the topcap is Charger. It's all good!

20. Pat Goff
    I’ll ask Kelly.
    You splash the hull and then build the cap mold to fit the hull.

Even if you split them apart it’s no big trick putting them back together.
    You then build the hull/cap plugs that are used to build production molds. That’s when and where you make your modifications.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast