Thread: Boat price help

Boat price help

Looking at a 2018 520c with a Evinrude G2 250 on it. 35 hours. Need help on a private party price ? The guy has not decided on a price yet. The boat is clean! No poles. Options are....dual console, ultrex TM, upgraded chrome wheels and HB solix 12 up front and at dash. Thanks in advance

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’ll be the bad guy here: are you sure it’s a 2018? The Z520C in 2018 would be unusual to find with an Evinrude motor, and even more unusual to find without power poles. Not impossible, if it was badged 2018 and produced just before the model year changeover in May or June last year. In other words, 2017 model features but produced mid-2018. But even then I would expect a C boat to have power poles. Otherwise, it has to be worth something in the low 60s.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I think you are on the right page. He ordered it in the summer of 2017 and picked it up in August of 2017. He says it’s a 2018. I will look for sure today at the serial number when I look at it tonight in person.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Serial number may show 2018, but 2018 C boats all had Mercury engines and power poles. That said, if the boat is mint and especially if it has 9 years remaining engine warranty, well worth something above $60k. New, in the low $70k range, even without poles. Poles may or may not be of value to you, but they do still add 2 or 3k to the street value of the rig.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieZ521 View Post
    I think you are on the right page. He ordered it in the summer of 2017 and picked it up in August of 2017. He says it’s a 2018. I will look for sure today at the serial number when I look at it tonight in person.
    It's most likely a 2018. I bought two new Rangers in the same time slot over the years and the late summer boats are indeed numbered (serial number) as the next year's model. There's always some minor modifications after the first of the year but NADA still will still value it as a 2018.
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

MY first question is why is he selling a "NEW" somewhat used boat in the first place ?? And then, how much ? Look at the Manufacture tag both for the Hull and the Motor, and verify the warrentee expire date. No matter if it's one day old or 1 year old, it's now a USED boat and the price you pay has to be something your are comfortable with.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    MY first question is why is he selling a "NEW" somewhat used boat in the first place ?? And then, how much ? Look at the Manufacture tag both for the Hull and the Motor, and verify the warrentee expire date. No matter if it's one day old or 1 year old, it's now a USED boat and the price you pay has to be something your are comfortable with.
    Unlike the BBC way, a hefty percentage of bass boats these days are financed, often with minimum down payment, and buyer’s remorse is real.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Unlike the BBC way, a hefty percentage of bass boats these days are financed, often with minimum down payment, and buyer’s remorse is real.
    Bingo!

On local FB things for sale, some lady is advertising her dads 1 yr old Pontoon for sale, said he bought it and same time a 15 acre farm, and is under water on the Bills..I wonder why?

10. Banned
    Sometime an "investment" turns...

11. Member
    This has happened a lot over the years, you get a new model boat at last years pricing, those will not have any changes on them that a next years model will have. We had a 2018 Z521C with a G2 hanging off the back also, didn’t last long,,,,,,,RT

12. Member
    Who cares if it's a "true" 2018 or a 2017 with 2018 HIN. If you and the seller are comfortable with a price and you like the boat then do it.

13. Member
    Update on the boat.....just got back from looking at it.....it’s a 2018 and it’s sharp. A few new things to add.....it has the touring package ( hambys, cover, trailer brake, etc) the solixs are both 15s instead of 12s and the solix up front has 360 imaging ( which I don’t know how to use yet) lol

14. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    So, what is he asking for the boat, or have you bought it already?

15. Member
    many L models on here for sale in low to mid 60's
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

16. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Who cares if it's a "true" 2018 or a 2017 with 2018 HIN. If you and the seller are comfortable with a price and you like the boat then do it.
    Doubtful that anyone does care whether the boat is a 2018 with 2017 features or a 2018 with 2018 features (since there were no significant changes in that model between the 2 model years), but if it had been a 2017 HIN, that could make a significant financial difference. Sometimes, as most of us know, Ranger adds or changes features between model years, potentially increasing the value of an updated model over its predecessor, even when both rigs carry the same year-identifier. That scenario does not apply here, however, and once Richie informed us that he was going to check the year identifier in the serial number, we knew that he would get to the heart of the matter.