Question deck clevis for the ski pole braces

Stepped on them twice while tubing this weekend. Hurt like hell. hat do you guys cover them with?
    I need to come up with something.

2. Member
    No ideas?

3. Member
    I have always hated them. Going to try something that connects to the boat D rings this summer. If it works I would love to get rid of the tripod and everything associated with it.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

4. Member
    You might try vinyl push-on caps. https://www.mcmaster.com/#vinyl-caps/=1dfcnle
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    I have always hated them. Going to try something that connects to the boat D rings this summer. If it works I would love to get rid of the tripod and everything associated with it.
    You’ll eat a lot of water trying to ski off the rings. Slack gets in the rope when it goes in the water and then you face plant.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    SportsStuff boosterball tow rope!

7. Member
    I know the pain you are talking about!!! I did that my first outing with the new boat and had blood everywhere and a sore foot for a week. I don't have a pic handy, but I went to autozone and found some rubber spacers for coil shocks. I shaped them to slide over the top of those clevis pieces sticking out of the deck. They have a hole in the middle that the metal piece fits into. I made them snug and they stay put until I remove them for watersports.
    Steve
    2005 Stratos 290SF / 225 Yamaha VMAX

I haven't had any trouble skiing of the D rings. Tubing can be an issue sometimes, but with a little finesse on the throttle it can be dealt with.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    You’ll eat a lot of water trying to ski off the rings. Slack gets in the rope when it goes in the water and then you face plant.
    Only pulling the kids on the tube. Although, they will probably want to start wakeboarding pretty soon so the tripod will be needed for that.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs