Thread: Build photos

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Is this the vexus board now too?

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    What about Phoenix layout?

3. Banned
    And the 210's cooler don't hold ice and are located in a "bad" spot???... What size graph do you want mounted at the console. Tell them they'll hang it... Vexus will suffer the same criticism. Too small this... Why they do that???... I woulda done it this way... There isn't a one size satisfies all boat made. They are all compromises... Dan

4. Member
    Let me put it this way.

Why would I want a $50+ ‘18 boat that is basically the same as my 08 model?

I have owned Champs all my life. But I dont see enough true innovation by Charger in this 198 to spend that kind of
    Money.

all this sh*t is making me

6. Banned
    Have you taken one for a test drive???... They haven't even post number yet, so how do we know they haven't made any "innovations"???... Has ChargeR even released any official photos???... Relax... Just sayin'... Dan

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FDR80 View Post
    Let me put it this way.

Why would I want a $50+ ‘18 boat that is basically the same as my 08 model?

I have owned Champs all my life. But I dont see enough true innovation by Charger in this 198 to spend that kind of
    Money.
    So keep your money and when your boat is no longer usable for whatever reason you know where to take your check book to get a replacement.

8. Banned
    Console needs to fit a 12” graph. Under seat storage would be awesome, except for the gas tank being in the way, blah. Someone buy me a 198 so I can experience it first hand.

9. Member
    Definitely like the fact that the 198 and the 210 have the up to date center rod storage option like most boats are going to now.

10. Member
    Their are different boat brands and models for different peoples wants and needs. I also would have like to see a different console for larger graphs but I can buy after market mounts to get what I would like. people that are buying 210's are not usually wanting a Ranger any model. The Vexus is mostly old Ranger guys so it will be something similar to a Ranger. The reason you have Charger,Bass Cat, Phoenix, or any other boat brand is different wants and needs. I like the Charger 210 over all and loved my Phoenix 921 but hate the way Phoenix does their passenger rod storage. We can all fine something we don't like about a boat model. I guess if its to bad fine a brand you like no one will make you buy a great boat like this 210 Charger. just my .02

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix 921 View Post
    Their are different boat brands and models for different peoples wants and needs. I also would have like to see a different console for larger graphs but I can buy after market mounts to get what I would like. people that are buying 210's are not usually wanting a Ranger any model. The Vexus is mostly old Ranger guys so it will be something similar to a Ranger. The reason you have Charger,Bass Cat, Phoenix, or any other boat brand is different wants and needs. I like the Charger 210 over all and loved my Phoenix 921 but hate the way Phoenix does their passenger rod storage. We can all fine something we don't like about a boat model. I guess if its to bad fine a brand you like no one will make you buy a great boat like this 210 Charger. just my .02
    Hard to beat a 921 for sure! The passenger rod ramp/storage is about the only thing I could find wrong with them. The ride is spectacular IMO!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    What’s so great about a 520 over anything else?
    True. The 520 is nice. But, the layout of the 210, and I truely hope the 198 is EXACTLY like it since I've not seen one yet in person, is PERFECT in my mind. Everyone has their idea of the perfect layout. Can't wait to see one in person and can't wait to hear the numbers with the new 4 stroke Mercury and especially the SHO. Kelly and Son are supposed to give me a call when they get a 198 in and rigged. I'll be waiting.

Ok I'm gonna get flamed for this but one can only take so much. I've followed the Champ board for many years. All I ever read over there is If there beloved boats were built again they all would be saved. Well here it is! Your Champs are back........WHAT? HUH? It's not a narrow beam boat, it doesn't hold a 300hp outboard and only cost 25k like my 1987 champ, not enough innovation ( won't sell their 19xx because its the best thing ever built but the charger is crap), consoles, seats, carpet, the list goes on and on. They could build every model Champ ever made and still wouldn't be happy. Here's the kick of it all. This is a Champ, its your boat. Basscat uses 1/64th of 1/64 of 1/64 of a 203 hull and its the best thing since the days of the running with champs video AND it doesn't even look like a Champ?!?!?!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FDR80 View Post
    The 520 and 521 have a great layout. The dash holds any graph. The cooler holds ice and is located in a good place. The more I have thought about this Splash, I just dont see any MAJOR upgrades. Just things that should have been done 10 yrs ago. That dash is 10 yrs old. I bet Vexus comes to
    Market with a fresh look. We shall see and I will wait to see.
    So you like a narrow tall dash with lots of plastic and a stupid looking drawn out front that serves absolutely no purpose. I hope charger sticks with their console the two I have owned had no issues but the Ranger I own now needs a dash rebuild due to sub part materials being used.

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Bullet Allison stroker still use solid mounted console?

16. Banned
    Can't speak to the Stroker, Allison but Bullet still makes the consoles part of the deck/ top cap... Dan

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    Ok I'm gonna get flamed for this but one can only take so much. I've followed the Champ board for many years. All I ever read over there is If there beloved boats were built again they all would be saved. Well here it is! Your Champs are back........WHAT? HUH? It's not a narrow beam boat, it doesn't hold a 300hp outboard and only cost 25k like my 1987 champ, not enough innovation ( won't sell their 19xx because its the best thing ever built but the charger is crap), consoles, seats, carpet, the list goes on and on. They could build every model Champ ever made and still wouldn't be happy. Here's the kick of it all. This is a Champ, its your boat. Basscat uses 1/64th of 1/64 of 1/64 of a 203 hull and its the best thing since the days of the running with champs video AND it doesn't even look like a Champ?!?!?!

How many are you going to purchase?

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Bullet Allison stroker still use solid mounted console?
    Co-workers Stroker is solid

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    How many are you going to purchase?
    Going to look at a 210. Thanks for asking!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    Going to look at a 210. Thanks for asking!
    Be careful Joe! They are pretty nice!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast