Atlas Jack Plate Issues

My Hydraulic jack plate will raise but will not come down. Any trouble shooting suggestions?

2. Member
    Start with a check of the fuse, then look at replays. I believe you can swap relays to confirm if relay is the culprit.
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

3. Member
    Don't remember if the Atlas has a "relay pack", individual relays, or a contactor. If you can get to the large blue and green wires coming from the motor, you can take them straight to hot and ground. Motor should go up when blue is hot and down when green is hot. If it has relays, then swap them as suggested earlier. If it has a contactor, the wires are connected usually with slip on spades, sometimes with screw terminals. Swap the red and green and it should reverse. If it has relays, change both. I would suggest going to a contactor, it's stronger for constant current.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Don't remember if the Atlas has a "relay pack", individual relays, or a contactor. If you can get to the large blue and green wires coming from the motor, you can take them straight to hot and ground. Motor should go up when blue is hot and down when green is hot. If it has relays, then swap them as suggested earlier. If it has a contactor, the wires are connected usually with slip on spades, sometimes with screw terminals. Swap the red and green and it should reverse. If it has relays, change both. I would suggest going to a contactor, it's stronger for constant current.
    John
    This

5. Member
    The blue and green wires should have quick disconnects on them. Swap them and see if it works opposite of switch actuation. If so you need a new relay pack. You cannot change just one relay. Very easy to change out. Blue is for up (think sky) and green is for down (think grass) is the easy way to remember.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

6. Member
    Thanks for the help guys. I disconnected the bullet connectors and put a jumper on my starting battery. It worked both up and down which means the harness is bad. Have to install a complete harness as it is a sealed unit.