360 sonar source lost - HELP?

I just got my 360 installed on my new boat and it was working perfect for the first half of the day yesterday, then suddenly I get a message on the screen that the 360 sonar source was lost, and it asks if I want to turn the 360 off. I have been unable to get it working since this has happened.

When I got home and in the quiet garage I wanted to see if it was still even getting power. I have it wired to my power switch at the control panel, so when I turn the switch if it's quiet enough I can hear the faint beep noise the 360 makes when it receives power. I can still hear the 360 beep when I turn the switch, so it appears to be getting power.

I then speculated maybe it was due to voltage drop since I have a lot of things running off my starting battery. I charged my battery and tried again, still no sonar source. I also have 10AWG wire going from the 360 leads to the battery.

Got online and found the whole reboot/restore defaults/unplug ethernet cable routine and tried that with no luck. Since trying that I don't even get the sonar source lost message anymore...the units cannot even find the 360 anymore since trying this.

I have no idea where to go from here. My setup is Helix 10 (Gen 1) at the bow, Solix 15 at console, 360 at bow, all linked with ethernet box.

Try connecting the Ethernet 360 directly to one of the units and see if it works that way.... Not a fix, just a troubleshooting measure.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

3. Member
    I'll give it a try later, however I did try moving the 360 to a different port on the ethernet box, no luck. The two graphs still share waypoints so the ethernet box appears to be working.

I got the 360 lost source message for the first time a couple of days ago. I just turned off the 360 power and back on, then turned the ping on when the unit recognized it. Worked fine the rest of the day.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    My Helix no longer even recognizes the 360 since I tried the whole reset defaults/unplug Ethernet/ routine posted somewhere else. And for some reason on the solix when I goto turn the ping on it won’t let me do it. Only let me through the helix.

6. Member
    Is there a resolution to this? I have solix 10/12 at bow and 15 on the console. Mega360 on the trolling motor. Ethernet box. My issue is different. Throughout the day, it intermittently loses source, finds it etc. I really need help. I can’t fish like this. Constantly hitting cancel, etc. I eventually shut it all off.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eds View Post
    Is there a resolution to this? I have solix 10/12 at bow and 15 on the console. Mega360 on the trolling motor. Ethernet box. My issue is different. Throughout the day, it intermittently loses source, finds it etc. I really need help. I can’t fish like this. Constantly hitting cancel, etc. I eventually shut it all off.
    I’m having the same issues. It’s aggravating. Started as soon as I installed The M360

8. Member
    I am having the exact same issue. 360 works great when moving at slow speed. As soon as I start running across the lake it will lose source, then source found, lost source, source found. Multiple times over the day.

Even if I turn 360 pinging off on the unit while running across the lake, I get the same error message.

I’m running the latest updates on all the Solix units. My bow Solix unit is networked to my console Solix unit with the ethernet hub.
    All electronics have dedicated power through Sea Clear wiring harness.

My dealership said this is a known problem… But I can’t imagine that everyone is dealing with this signal loss??

9. Member
    See the post above.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1132520

My 360 does this every trip. I also have a Helix 12 G4N that the sonar freezes up at least once every trip. I believe it’s either a networking issue or new software bug. I called HB support but they were no help. Maybe the more people that call HB might find the issue
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA