Banned

Part name or number?

107 MG tour edition
    On top of the shaft their is a black piece that is held on the shaft with two screws that has splines on top of it that the next part that the cables are wrapped around. Mine broke smooth off at those splines. Anyone k ow the name of this part or a part number I can start looking for?

2. Member
    That is called a coupler by Motorguide. It is a pinion gear that holds the cable drum and is no longer available. Motorguide has had several upgrades since the ones that were held on with screws, the latest being a screw on pinion. You will have to change the shaft for it to work. I have the parts in stock.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    Coupling. Can You tell whether it screws on or is pop rivet on the shaft. If it is pop rivet you will see the pop rivet on the side of the pinion gear. The Riveted coupling is no longer available.
    Problem is you will have to replace the shaft if you can find a used riveted coupling. the screw type coupling part number is 879330T59. I have a couple of the old style in the shop. You have to be carefull with the riveted model, because you will have to drill the rivets out and if not careful the back side of the rivets will fall out and down the shaft into the motor. This will jam the motor if it fall in the right position. Contact me on hear if you need anymore help or call John Jones he will also be of great help for you.

4. Banned
    1529260576087.jpg
    Theirs no rivets two screws through the plastic into the top of the shaft.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post

Theirs no rivets two screws through the plastic into the top of the shaft.
    Old style as I said
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Banned
    Thank you for the information I'll drop it at a local repair shop tomorrow.