Praying Opti 150 Rpm lost

Hey, give a quick intro on the boat/motor
    1995 Robalo 1820
    08 optimax 150 sn# 1b692183- 200hrs

Going for a combine weight (ppl/gas/gear) a little over 4000lbs so I have a mirage plus 14.75, 17pitch prop

Here's the issue I was out running Wot (5400rpm) for about 5 mins when I felt the motor lose power and dropped to 4800rpm, trimming it I get a max 4950. The following day I notice that it would stall when I turned it on but if I put it in neutral and kick it up to around 650-750rpm it would stay running and not stall. When I shift it to gear it'll stall if I don't quick kick it up to 700-1000rpm.
    Run smoothly from 700rpm-2000rpm. When it hits 2000rpm the motor starts to shake and sound weak and as I shift forward cant feel any power I guess like a dead spot. It kick up at 3000-3750 rpm and get on plane quickly but I can get it to go pass 4950 rpm. Also when I shift into reverse I need to shift all the way down to get the motor to react.

I've check compression all 110-115, change spark plug, water pump, poppet valve, thermostats, fuel filter. While the engine was on I pulled the DI plug and each one causes the engine to slow till I plugged it back. I used an inline spark tester on all the coils & all sparked. Check the fuel/air pressure 88/78

Could it be a bad tps, injectors? any help would be a Big help

Thanks

2. Member
    Compressor?
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    check for fuel in air side of system
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Is there a way to check If the compressor is shot? When i check for air side for fuel should it be in gear of is neutral fine?

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    check for fuel in air side of system
    This would be a good starting point. ^^^^^

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor