2010 Pro XS 175 Warning Alarm

Hi guys, over the winter my jackplate sprung a hydraulic leak and parts are not available to fix it. So I raised it manually with a car jack and bolted it. When I launched the boat yesterday and put the motor in gear an engine light and a picture of an alarm appeared on the smartcraft. No alarm sounded until I was three quarters throttle. At three quarters throttle, the boat had 8 psi water pressure, at full throttle (briefly while the alarm sounded) I only had 10 psi. At idle and running, the water pump indicator had strong flow. Today, I lowered the jack plate and still had the same problem. The impeller was changed last year and has 30 hours on it. I am thinking it is a water pressure problem causing the alarm but the flow of water was strong. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Member
    Serial number of the motor is 1B808804

3. Member
    Keep lowering the plate, until you have 15 PSI @ WOT, or fix the jack plate correctly.

4. Member
    Thanks Savage. The jackplate is lower than I ran it last year at WOT (from what I can recall). If it has good flow, would it still be a water pressure issue? I would love to fix the jackplate but Detwiler was bought by another company and according to the manufacturer and my local marina parts are no longer available for my model.

5. Member
    It's a water pressure issue if the reading is below 15 PSI @ WOT.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moved to the 2.5L Forum for you.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor