Trick Worm technique?

Watched a video on another bass fishing site about what essentially uses a trick worm rigged up with a leader on a swivel and looks like it uses kinda like a top water bait. The guy in the video is using a white worm. I'm not sure what this technique is called but wondering if the color of the worm follows typical color rules?

Thanks,

Robert

https://www.bassresource.com/bass-fi...ting-worm.html

2. Member
    Bubble gum color is excellent for that technique

3. Member
    Thanks for sharing!

4. Member
    Weightless Water melon red and go slow. 3/0 lightwire. Throw everything in the trash in calm, summer waters.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac78;9439599[B
    ]Bubble gum[/B] color is excellent for that technique
    Also light line makes a difference. I couldn't believe it. I was throwing 10 and my cousin was throwing 8, and he was kicking my butt. We even change rods, then I was getting more bites. You wouldn't think 2# would make a difference

6. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Also light line makes a difference. I couldn't believe it. I was throwing 10 and my cousin was throwing 8, and he was kicking my butt. We even change rods, then I was getting more bites. You wouldn't think 2# would make a difference
    May have allowed to sink faster or deeper? Or maybe gave it a little more action?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    May have allowed to sink faster or deeper? Or maybe gave it a little more action?
    He was using a light action rod and I was using a med-light rod. Both the rod and line poundage made the difference. We were fishing weedy flats, and the fish were suspended up. Same brand line

8. Member
    Man will you be quiet LOL fish dont bite this lol

J/K I have killed them on bubblegum and banana pepper trick worms shhhhhh though

9. Member
    It's called a floating worm. My favorite colors are white, chartreuse, and methiolate(orange). Bright colors work best. Fish it with a spinning rod when fish are shallow and skittish or overpressured. I vary retrieve between fast twitches to letting it sink just below visibility between each twitch. Excellent technique from post spawn thru late fall. I personally don't use a swivel. If u rig it perfectly straight with a 3/0 ewg gammy then there is no line twist. I've caught huge stringers using it when no one else in the boat could buy a bite

10. Member
    I'm going to give this a try, I'm having issues here in central florida getting bites with the usual t-rig worms/craws.

I have a spinning combo i swapped to braid and have tried to tie a floru leader to with no luck. I may give the swivel a try and fish it
    Phoenix 919 pro xp