Aerator problems

have a 2001 21 SS Extreme. Today was fishing a tourney in Florida I had a weird problem. Had fish in 0ne livewell at 7:30. Turned on main aerator everything was OK. air temp was 80 and water temp was 89. 8:30 caught a 6# fish and put in other livewell. Turned on to both and auto and everything was ok. Half hour later I had 5 fish in livewells. 2 in one and 3 in other. Switch was on both and on auto everthing was ok. It would turn on and off automatically with timer. About 2 hours later I noticed the lights did not come on and when I checked the pumps were not on. Water temp was 89 and air temp was 92. I tried to get them to turn on. Either one or both but no dice. However I tried the Aux aerator and it ran fine either on one or both. But Aux aerator doesn't work on timer so it ran all the time. I had to turn it on and off all day. Real Pain in he A_ _. But got the tourney over with without losing any fish. Weighed in and took boat home. Backed into garage and went in house for a while and went out to work on aerator. Turned main aerator switch on an both pumps ran. Moved switch to port and starboard and each one worked right. no matter what I did they ran correctly and started everytime switch was moved.
    Cannot figure out what to do. Any ideas? has anyone else had problems like this?

2. Member
    Timer is going bad.

3. Member
    any idea where to buy a new one or what to even look for? Timer is either manual or auto setting.

4. Member
    Not sure where to get one. It is a round tube looking thing that plugs in behind the switch console.

5. Member
    thanks

They look like a shotgun shell. Been a while since I replaced mine, and can't for the life of me remember where I bought them

7. Banned
    C&O Marine will probably have the timer.

8. Member
    C & O Marine don't have a parts page anymore. Can't look things up to see what they have.

9. Member

10. Member
    If that is not it, then just google livewell timer and look at the other options. There are 4 and 5 wire plugs.

11. Member
    Thanks. Will look in the morning.
    Last edited by Jig N Pig; 06-20-2018 at 10:10 AM.

12. Member
    That is the one. Will order. Thanks

13. Member
    Is there a way to bypass the timer yo tell for sure that us the problem? Having similar issues on my 22ss extreme

14. Member
    Would assume you can put a jumper between the power in and power out wires on the timer and that would bypass it.

15. Member
    timer bad or overheating?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools