Need some expertise on fixing broken windshield

So I purchased my 2014 Sterling used and it had broken sections of the windshield where it screws in on top. I took a few photos that are posted here (it's the port/passenger side). I was thinking about using some sort of an epoxy to fill these in and then drilling new holes for the rubber grommets and screws. Could also cut away a clean section and glue in a new piece of acrylic but that likely will be kinda flimsy. So I thought I would ask if any of y'all know of a good way to repair this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I'd call the factory and see if they'll sell you a new windshield. No point in boogering up that boat if you don't have to.

3. Finally over 80
    Quote Originally Posted by white gambler View Post
    I'd call the factory and see if they'll sell you a new windshield. No point in boogering up that boat if you don't have to.
    This ^^^^^

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by kasezilla View Post
    So I purchased my 2014 Sterling used and it had broken sections of the windshield where it screws in on top. I took a few photos that are posted here (it's the port/passenger side). I was thinking about using some sort of an epoxy to fill these in and then drilling new holes for the rubber grommets and screws. Could also cut away a clean section and glue in a new piece of acrylic but that likely will be kinda flimsy. So I thought I would ask if any of y'all know of a good way to repair this?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    That is the same windshield we currently install. They are $250 plus shipping. Feel free to email admin@amscare.com with your request.

Sterling Bass Boats
    352-429-8888

5. Joe4d
    Order a new windshield,, then keep it in the garage till you sell/trade boat. Other people will just break the new one for you as they use it to pull their lard butts in or out of the seat.
    I used to fish a draw tournament trail, that paired non boater with boater by draw.. Think I replaced mine second time someone broke it for me I just left it off the passenger side.

6. Member
    I'm currently out of the country and can't view the images you attached but if the cracks are small and do not run very far away from the original hole, you can stop drill them with a #30 drill bit or something close and tgen use large trim washers with o-rings under them to resecure. If you do not stop drill the cracks, all of the stresses in the windshield are concentrated at the apex of the crack and the crack will continue to grow. By stop drilling them the stresses are spread around the circumference of the stop drilled hole.

7. Member
    Well I tried to use epoxy resin but one rough water run and they broke again so I went ahead and ordered a $290 replacement. Ouch. Oh well at least I won't have that blemish nagging my mind. Thanks for the responses guys.