Thread: Ultrex issues

Ultrex issues

I have new Ultrex that was bought last August, went to the lake one time and foot pedal wouldn't work. I have had the sensor replaced in May and it worked fine my first trip out this year as far as I could tell but didn't use it a lot that day. Two weeks ago I used it a lot more but it didn't have much power. Thought the trolling motor batteries must be bad as they were old. Replaced all trolling batteries and went yesterday. Same result, after maybe 2 hours of actual use it would barely turn the boat on level 10. When I got home (hour later) I check for line wrapped. It was fine and no visible problems. I by chance tried to turn the prop manually and it was pretty tight and rough. I could spin it but it felt like it was binding. Went back today and tried the prop and it was easy to spin.. Acts like when it got hot from use it gets some type of resistance and after cools down spins freely. Any ideas??

I think now the batteries I replaced were not bad!

2. Member
    Post this in the electrical forum , up above. John from Jones Trolling Motor is a big help, along with many others on the Ultrex and other models.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

3. Member
    What he said. Post on the other board and or contact Jones Trolling Motor.

4. Member
    I had one that just quit and was hard to turn. It was a problem in the head and Minn Kota replaced under warranty. Take it to an authorized repair shop and have them check it.
    Ranger Z20
    225 Evinrude E-tec

5. Member
    Exactly why I kept my fortrex for a back up if my ultrex goes to a shop.